Dynadot

status-replied Why Aren't You Banning Spam/Spammers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I probably asked this years ago, searched and couldn't find it.

What is NP's policy on spam/spammers?

The last 3 spam I reported just got moved to another part of the forum. Why? Most forums would just delete the spam, ban the spammer.

Examples:

Increase Breast Size Fastly​

https://www.namepros.com/threads/increase-breast-size-fastly.1315497/

Why do you want that here? Why didn't you delete and ban that spammer?

There are a couple that were moved to the Promotional Section.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I probably asked this years ago, searched and couldn't find it.

What is NP's policy on spam/spammers?

The last 3 spam I reported just got moved to another part of the forum. Why? Most forums would just delete the spam, ban the spammer.

Examples:

Increase Breast Size Fastly​

https://www.namepros.com/threads/increase-breast-size-fastly.1315497/

Why do you want that here? Why didn't you delete and ban that spammer?

There are a couple that were moved to the Promotional Section.
Hello,

The one you linked to was moved to the Adult lounge by a moderator team since it did not contain any links or company promotions in it.

It's the only post from that account at the moment.

If they should continue to post in that manor it would then be considered blatant spam and dealt with as such. At the moment, a single post with no links or promotional mention isn't enough evidence to definitively resolve the matter as blatant spam.

Though, we do agree, it does look like that is more than likely what it will end up being.

We can see a few moved to the promotional section lately that were offering 3rd party services, which is what the Promotional section is for.

If you come across any posts that violate the rules or you feel are unauthorized advertising/spam, please use the report feature so a moderator can investigate and get more involved.

Each case is handled independent of one another since each one may have different circumstances to consider.

In the more blatant spam cases, the accounts are closed as such. We can see where a few have been closed lately as well.

•••
If I come across any more posts of blatant spam, I just won’t report it anymore. Last 3 I reported were literally moved to another part of the forum. There’s no point in trying to help if you’re not handling obvious spam. The increase bust size guy/bot is not magically going to become a contributing domainer. Good thing there will be less threads like this from me and no more spam reports to sift thru.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this.

We, as moderators, typically cannot delete threads, but one exception to that is a feature called the Spam Cleaner that we can run on new accounts, which is an all-or-nothing option: it can delete all of the new account's threads but not specific threads. This feature cannot be run on established accounts.

We went ahead and ran the Spam Cleaner on that account since it was new and almost certainly a spammer without any intention of ever contributing to this forum. We chose to delete their threads and ban them.

Please continue to report things like this so we can at least take some sort of action.

Thanks again for your help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back