Domain Empire

question Why are some domainers still buying the trademark domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Why do you think that some domainers are still buying this kind of domain names.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a trademark, sir, may not have the same influence you might feel living in a metro charting between the well informed. there are those who might never have heard of them.

•••
In one case i owned a domain which was TMWORD+keyword and after a month or two i got an email stating its a trademark domain and they specified that they are willing to pay any costs i have invested to develop the website . If not they warned me against a law suit

i responded stating my approval and sent them a price of 2000$ and the deal fixed for 1500 $

I bought it for 10 $ :)

Some time things works good

As far as i know it would charge them more than 1500$ for the legal procedures and all ....

•••
I am indeed ignorant on subject and have no legal background however my understanding is that you can own a generic term that has been trademarked and use it as long as it does not compete with the trademarked name. I perhaps could be completely wrong but that is how I understood it. This does apply only to generic terms not brandable names such as Nike, Pepsi etc..

•••
•••
there shouldn't be a conflict. if not, you're pretty safe i think

•••
It's about the money. That's why we are here - right? Sometimes I may register a domain for free publicity knowing I may have to dump the name but it cross pollinates something else I am selling. I buy - sell and post for a reason. Every single article on this site or any web pages or blogs I have created all lead to sales. I honestly don't care if you negatively react or positively react, its all creating a buzz. I have thick skin so keyboard tough comments don't bother me at all. Free publicity and creating a buzz works for me.
My point is some people may do it because they are new and don't understand and some of us are calculated and do it for a reason. You don't have to agree with my methods.
I have never been sued but I have given names to the rightful owner for free. TerryBradshaw.com is an example. I spoke to his rep, I gave the name back BUT, it created some other opportunities. Some of you need to think outside the box. That was 7 years ago!
I literally have 5 people I met on this site that I may PM from time to time because I like them, the rest is business.
So go ahead and make fun of people for registering names YOU don't agree with, sometimes there is more to it than meets the eye. Plus, why does it bother you? Is your life that boring. We should all get along and learn from each other, I am more than happy to share any information I have with anyone. Hate me or love me, I make money at this and its only my hobby.
Now, I am going to watch my 9 year old play basketball and enjoy my life - go out and enjoy life! Stop worrying about what other people are doing - ask and learn.
lol , someone had to say it .... go ahead , tell us how you really feel .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back