NameSilo

Why all the hype about Whypark.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can those who have whypark.com please tell us how their sites are generating money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes and then some. I use Adsense and some affiliate links in all my sites. The first link in my sig is my WhyPark affiliate site, and talks about how I use WhyPark...

Cool, man. Some sites I have that look really nice, have way low CTR...and they are not on WhyPark...

•••
They honestly need to get some really good templates and options to add your new custom articles as links on the right/left div element. Currently when you add a new custom article, your article appears on the main body. It would be better off if you could add articles on a left navigation panel.

I'm mentioning this because with the growth in whypark users, there is now huge duplication of content. The only way, you can survive is by writing your own unique articles or just get penalized by search engines. Better still, write you own articles and sell affiliate products. If you could feature a 100 domains selling various good affiliate products with 1-2 page of original content, you could be doing good in some time.

I'm kinda out of whypark scene for now and haven't spent any time on it. I'm more busy optimizing my parked domains. But when I did work on some of my whypark sites, I did end up making them look a wee bit better. Example fly2jamaica.com. I had also spent some time on domain-parking-monetizing.com which many people cannot believe is a whypark template. :)

•••
Varon said:
They honestly need to get some really good templates and options to add your new custom articles as links on the right/left div element. Currently when you add a new custom article, your article appears on the main body. It would be better off if you could add articles on a left navigation panel.

I'm mentioning this because with the growth in whypark users, there is now huge duplication of content. The only way, you can survive is by writing your own unique articles or just get penalized by search engines. Better still, write you own articles and sell affiliate products. If you could feature a 100 domains selling various good affiliate products with 1-2 page of original content, you could be doing good in some time.

I'm kinda out of whypark scene for now and haven't spent any time on it. I'm more busy optimizing my parked domains. But when I did work on some of my whypark sites, I did end up making them look a wee bit better. Example fly2jamaica.com. I had also spent some time on domain-parking-monetizing.com which many people cannot believe is a whypark template. :)

Wow... That Fly2Jamaica site looks amazing!! I can't believe its a whypark site. Makes me wish I had some time to learn CSS and HTML.

•••
Varon said:

Varon, nice to see you in the WhyPark thread again. Wish you would come more often. If you don't then we'll have to hire a Tow Truck and drag you in!

As a matter of curiosity, on your fly2jamaica.com, (which is looking great) do you have some of your content mixed in with WhyPark content? And if you do are you placing it on the top on the main body, or does it go automatically?

I believe you are right about getting penalized for duplicate content by the SEs. As an example, just over a week ago when Googlebot spidered my WhyPark sites, the amount of indexed pages were reduced drastically from an average of about 60-100 indexed pages, to the current 6-10 pages per site.

Do come around more often (if you have the time) as your posts are always an inspiration and an added bonus to us.

GIL :)

•••
When you add a custom article, it automatically goes to the top of the main body. Looking at the way, Donny represents parked.com, I'm wondering why noone from whypark ever bothered to help out its numerous members here.

I wish I had time to reply to the many whypark related pms I get. But as I tell guys, I have written all I know about whypark on my previous threads here. I am now spending some much needed time optimizing my parked domains. There are also some great customization threads here by other WP members.

Let me bring up some good whypark threads for reference:

http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/347832-custom-whypark-sites.html?
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and...18-whypark-vs-1plus-vs-parking-companys.html?
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/356734-whypark-newbie-question.html?
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and...20-calling-all-whypark-users-what-works.html?
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and...52-questions-whypark-users-i-always-rep.html?
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/341018-whypark-com.html?
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/298130-my-whypark-com-review.html?

You can also use the advanced search tab on the top right of the forum and enter the keyword whypark and select "show results as posts". This should bring up lots of whypark related Q&A's. Also if you want to search specific user posts on whypark, you can just mention the keyword as whypark and user as "gilsan" (or whichever member post you want to read) and select "show results as posts".

Finally, whypark needs to do more to help its members understand customizing templates etc. Or, add really good templates which don't need any customization.

•••
A couple of things I would like the WP gurus to comment on..

1) It seems likea lot of people are saying that the biggest value of WP to them is the free hosting. But then, why not just use Blogger or Google Page Creator to not only host your site, but to design it as well? Then you can just redirect the traffic from your domain name to them. Here is an example of a single page website I created entirely using Google Page Creator:

http://adventurekidsrpg.googlepages.com/

I created that page using only GPC's free online design tools. Should be a simple matter at this point to add some AdSense, point a nice domainname to it, and off I go. Hmmm... when I put together the site above I wasn't thinking of monetizing it, but I think I will do just that to see what happens.

BTW, the same can be done with redirecting traffic to Blogger, but then you will have the Blogger symbol at the top of your pages, I believe.

2) Is it ok to pull articles and photos from Wikipedia (and similar sources) to use in WP pages?

Thanks for any comments.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't see the adsense or YPN type ads on your blog.

DADomains said:
A couple of things I would like the WP gurus to comment on..

1) It seems likea lot of people are saying that the biggest value of WP to them is the free hosting. But then, why not just use Blogger or Google Page Creator to not only host your site, but to design it as well? Then you can just redirect the traffic from your domain name to them. Here is an example of a single page website I created entirely using Google Page Creator:

http://adventurekidsrpg.googlepages.com/

I created that page using only GPC's free online design tools. .

Last edited:
•••
Yea, my main question with WhyPark was could I just create all my own HTML and CSS, and upload that, along with my own advertising codes, and just use the WhyPark placeholders when and if I want them. For example, I don't use those square AdSense blocks; don't like 'em. I prefer leaderboards or buttons, and ad links. And I want to place them precisely where I want them, with the exact amount of padding I want. I just haven't had time to experiment with how much I can do with my own WhyPark account yet.

As far as Wikipedia - there's no reason on the Wikipedia end that you can use their content - most if not all of it's public domain, but 1) you have to attribute your source, and include a link back to the original article on Wikipedia, and 2) everyone else is using Wikipedia content as well, so you are going to run into the same duplicate content issues.

Note - using duplicate content you don't get "penalized" per se, you get "filtered" - which means Google doesn't want 1000 articles of the exact same thing, so they'll filter out all but a few, and you might not be one of the few. Which has the same effect as a penalty, but actually, is a filter. You would only be "penalized" for duplicate content if you scraped someone's copyright, and they made a DMCA compaint against you with Google.

For what it's worth:

a ban means your entire site used to be indexed in Google, but now is nowhere to be found. Using the site: command returns no results. You need to file for reinclusions, or come up with another plan.

a penalty means that your site is all or partially indexed, and you may even have pagerank, but you don't seem to rank for any terms other than your actual domain in quotes --> "example.com" and maybe some really obscure long tail search phrases. Sometimes if only some of your pages are indexed, Google has tossed the ones that are penalized (if they have hidden text or links, for example) or you may find that you only show up on the very last page of results (the -950 penalty) or oddly show up as #30 for everything (the -30 penalty) and all kinds of things in between. It means you need to take a long look at your site and your Google Webmaster Tools and find out if you have a technical problem or something else going on.

a filter means that Google doesn't feel your page is among the most important for particular search terms - this is where the duplicate content thing usually comes in. Mitigating factors can be the overall quality of your site, the age of your domain, how much extra content you add to the dupe stuff. Sometimes just rewording your page is enough to pull you out of this one.

•••
DnPresident said:
I didn't see the adcents or YPN type ads on your blog.

To quote myself: "Should be a simple matter at this point to add some AdSense, point a nice domainname to it, and off I go. mmm... when I put together the site above I wasn't thinking of monetizing it, but I think I will do just that to see what happens."

In other words I haven't put the ads in yet. My point was that I probably can add them - on a site that is hosted for free, and created completely with the free online tools provided.

Please don't misunderstand my intention in posting this. I am not trying to knock or distract from WhyPark. Instead what I am looking for are responses to show me why WhyPark is still better than doing the sort of thing I describe. You know, to get a list of features and advantages of why doing it the WP way is still better

Netmeg, always informative, thanks.

When you are Google-banned, if you don't manually file for reinclusion will Google ever spider your page again on it's own? And if they do, do you have any idea how long before they respider a banned site?

If you have a site that has been around for 3 or 4 months and it doesn't show up with the site: command, can you pretty much assume it was banned somehow? How else can you confirm a ban status on a site?

Your help is invaluable to all us newbies! :hearts:

Last edited:
•••
I've looked at the googlepages site and checked their helpfiles. You must forward your domain to the googlepages.com domain, with your site name as a subdomain. For example, if I've registered the domain 'aboutthis.com', I can't host my site on googlepages and have it resolve directly to my sitename. I must forward aboutthis.com to http://aboutthis.googlepages.com. (I can have any unused name as my subdomain name actually). From an SEO standpoint, This may be a downside of googlepages in that YOUR actual domain name is not SEO optimized, but the googlepages subdomain name is, which is not what you want if you ever want to resell your name. Please note I haven't tested this, but I believe that is what would happen. Please feel free to jump in if anyone knows different.

•••
nantech1 said:
I've looked at the googlepages site and checked their helpfiles. You must forward your domain to the googlepages.com domain, with your site name as a subdomain. For example, if I've registered the domain 'aboutthis.com', I can't host my site on googlepages and have it resolve directly to my sitename. I must forward aboutthis.com to http://aboutthis.googlepages.com. (I can have any unused name as my subdomain name actually). From an SEO standpoint, This may be a downside of googlepages in that YOUR actual domain name is not SEO optimized, but the googlepages subdomain name is, which is not what you want if you ever want to resell your name. Please note I haven't tested this, but I believe that is what would happen. Please feel free to jump in if anyone knows different.

I kind of suspected this. My thinking is that your forwarded domain will provide any typeins whereas the googlepage will get the SEO traffic. Sure, it's not perfect for resale, but a good combo for monetizing the site.

•••
I am trying WhyPark for the first time and just wanted some feedback on how my site looks. If you could please check out www.daily-tech.com and give me some pointers or tell me anything i could do to make the site better. Thanks!

•••
turner10 said:
I am trying WhyPark for the first time and just wanted some feedback on how my site looks. If you could please check out www.daily-tech.com and give me some pointers or tell me anything i could do to make the site better. Thanks!

Two things that jump out, that could be changed.

1. The headings on each article. the green and blue colour of the text are a bit light. Darken them a bit, so it makes it easier for everyone to read. If you could also reduce the font size on the same headings it would look better IMO.

2. Your block of adsense with that blue background is just screaming :yell: at us. Give it a white background.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Gilsan. Ill keep those ideas in mind. :)

•••
GILSAN said:
2. Your block of adsense with that blue background is just screaming :yell: at us. Give it a white background.

Actually I have a much higher CTR with Adsense blocks that are bold and distinct, 45-50%CTR as against 30-35% with blocks that are blended into the color of the background.
With Adsense moving to reduce the clickable areas of the adsense ads, having the ads blend in with the content and color of the site may even further reduce the CTR of blended ads...but only time will tell.

•••
unholy1 said:
Actually I have a much higher CTR with Adsense blocks that are bold and distinct, 45-50%CTR as against 30-35% with blocks that are blended into the color of the background.
With Adsense moving to reduce the clickable areas of the adsense ads, having the ads blend in with the content and color of the site may even further reduce the CTR of blended ads...but only time will tell.

[Pulls out pad and pencil and scribbles notes furiously....]

•••
unholy1 said:

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule and tastes vary a lot, but stats show that ads that blend in with the content have more success.

•••
GILSAN said:
Obviously there are exceptions to the rule and tastes vary a lot, but stats show that ads that blend in with the content have more success.

Quite right...and this is mostly attributed to accidental clicks... which google is now trying to reduce by implementing specific click zones in the Ad block...

•••
unholy1 said:
Quite right...and this is mostly attributed to accidental clicks... which google is now trying to reduce by implementing specific click zones in the Ad block...

Unholy1.....I checked out your acne site and must say it looks great. Is that done with a content management system like Joomla, Drupal or WordPress? It looks a million times better than any WhyPark site I've ever seen.

Last edited:
•••
WhyPark's sites are shut down currently

I registered the account yesterday. And now, WhyPark's sites are shut down. :D, my site is www.makegrand.com, may anyone advise me about this site please.
Thank you

•••
NPKJB said:
Unholy1.....I checked out your acne site and must say it looks great. Is that done with a content management system like Joomla, Drupal or WordPress? It looks a million times better than any WhyPark site I've ever seen.
Wordpress...90% of my sites are now WordPress, easy to manage and customize, and pretty much automated...

•••
unholy1 said:
Wordpress...90% of my sites are now WordPress, easy to manage and customize, and pretty much automated...

Nice looking sites you have there, and I notice that all your ads blend in very nicely with your content. Great work Unholy1.

•••
GILSAN said:
Nice looking sites you have there, and I notice that all your ads blend in very nicely with your content. Great work Unholy1.

Thanks...Takes 30 mins for each site to be completed from the installation of WP to what it looks like now...I have to admit I have someone else doing the sites for me for 5% rev share...I just to do the ad tweaking.. :yell:

And yes the ads are blended in well that's why I have to put in a few more ads from other sources...I actually make less from adsense on these sites below and get more income from the alternate ads. On the acne site the CJ ads makes 15times more revenue than the adsense blocks. Amazing how much money will spend to get rid of Zits..

•••
Unholy has a nice gig going on. I think I read before that he had several blocks of WP sites. So I imagine he's got quite a few sites like those. I just need to find someone that will do the work for just 5%...

•••
avi2l said:
Unholy has a nice gig going on. I think I read before that he had several blocks of WP sites. So I imagine he's got quite a few sites like those. I just need to find someone that will do the work for just 5%...

Me too!! As a matter of fact, I will up the ante to 7%!! If anyone is interested, PM me. :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back