sales Who's mistake

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zigomon

Established Member
Impact
Want to share
After a quick chat on facebook
Buyer offer $×× for my domain name saying that he will develop it for his ecommerce site.
That name i would not renew it for sure it was a hand reg so without any negotiation i accept the offer.
Buyer ask how to proceed, i told him you can used paypal for fast deal.
As we dont know each other buyer prefered to use afternic which i totally agree.
Buyer made an offer at afternic and i accept and he made the payment.
Once he made the payment he shared that to facebook.
Got a mail after a few hour payment is verified and i need to transfer the name at afternic which i did the same day.
Its on 24 Aug, on 27 Aug the same name sold at nameliquidation for $x.
After a long discussion with Epik they said i have push the name at afternic but till 3days they have not accept and as i have not remove it from nameliquidation it has sold there an transfer to the buyer account.
Just have a regret for the buyer as he wanted that name.
dont share your sale untill its in your account.
Remove from every marketplace once it sold.
Why wait 3days to accept the name?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reach out to the buyer / Afternic to sort out the refund and learn from it.....

Not much else you can do.....

Last edited:
•••
Reach out to the buyer / Afternic to sort out the refund and learn from it.....

Not much else you can do.....
Yes buyer got refund

•••
Common and extremely frustrating mistake that domain seller make. Names have to be removed from all other marketplaces straight way. I remove my names as soon as a deal is made even before payment is made. Can't afford to leave yourself open to risk of be kicked off the biggest marketplaces.

At least it was a low value domain so a pretty cheap lesson learned.

•••
It happened to me today, I dropped a domain and the new owner reached out to me via DM on here

Just plain forgot it was on a particular marketplace - I have a spreadsheet with this info on it, so there was no excuse for me not to have removed it.....

•••
We have all been guilty of same thing have also seen what previous owners were asking when they leave up the page. Just have to clean up often Aftenic, godaddy auctions should automatically delete the domains when any deletes or transfers when related to godaddy accounts It could and should be a feature.

Last edited:
•••
dont share your sale untill its in your account.
Remove from every marketplace once it sold.
Why wait 3days to accept the name?

The buyer entered into a contract with you, so unfortunately it's your mistake because you had active listing on multiple platforms.

Appreciate your post to alert others of potential issue of listing on multiple platforms.

•••
I'm sorry this happened to you, I really tried saving the sale at Afternic but it was not possible to do it. It is highly commendable the way you approached this honestly, you accepted your mistake even though it cost you some cash. I personally thank you for being an honest seller.

Two key lessons,
1. Don't drop, liquidate and promote your listings!
2. New lead on any domain should trigger a response, check price, listings, possible buyers, new opportunities, New similar registrations etc. Takes 5 minutes and it has saved my skin several times.

Last edited:
•••
Yes and you can cancel your name on Name Liquidate at anytime which is what should have been done immediately after accepting offer. We all learn as we go along.

•••
This happened to me at the Namecheap marketplace, fortunately their staff was super helpful and the sale could be reversed :angelic:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back