Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Whois spam

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
3,862
Doe's everyone get these emails? Must be coming from doing a whois search or a bot not sure.

I've been getting around 15 or 20 a week from different people.

Hi,My name is Karly. My apologies for reaching you out of the blue.I am thinking that you might be interested in XXXXX(com) since you do own a related domain name.Appreciate if you would let me know and thank you for your time,Karly.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If you own enough domains you'll get them on a regular basis. I would say your likely correct in that they are harvesting the information from whois lookups. I receive a mixture..some are to sell other domains, some are to sell web design/seo services, some for search engine submissions...You name it!
 
0
•••
I get more than that each day. They slowed down a bit at the end of last year but are making a huge comeback. I also agree that they are getting the info from whois searches.
 
0
•••
I've only ever received one, I replied out of courtesy (I know how annoying it is not to get a reply) but they didn't even read my reply and sent another 2 E-Mails. I don't mind receiving end user e-mails so much as it indicates there is value in my name.

What I do hate is the so-called 'web development' spamming me every time I register a domain, from the same people & companies every time. I didn't reply to the first several e-mails so why persist with more? One even had the audacity to TEXT me. Really infuriating.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back