Dynadot

status-deferred Who Viewed Your Profile Feature

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nitindomains

"Veritas Liberabit Vos"Top Member
Impact
It would be great if we had the 'Who Viewed Your Profile' feature.

It is a common feature, but adds a lot of excitement and fun.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the suggestion. Its something for us to keep in mind as we move forward, however we would also need to consider members that prefer to move around a tad bit more anonymously and not want people to know they are checking them out.

Though, I think the latter can be accomplished with an enhanced HIDE feature like what we offer our paid subscribers.

Thanks again for the suggestion,

Eric Lyon

•••
Happy to suggest.

You could always provide the functionality of hiding the profile views, by adding an option of 'View Profiles Invisibly'.

Also, if it doesn't put a load on namepros, A Shoutbox type chat feature would let the members chattar, and avoid creating momentary posts. All their blabber could be turned into real time interactions.
This would really keep the members/traffic very much engaged and hooked onto the site we love.

Just my opinions.

Thanks.

•••
•••
Eric, won't it be a frequently used feature, if it is at the right spot.

I have seen it at the top right side on most forums, and seen it as a commonly used feature.

If the chatroom that you state, was more like a post comment thing, i wouldn't use it if It were available.

But, a shoutbox is an entirely different thing. Especially after how they have evolved over the years, in terms of interface. :)

Can be given a shot again, if it were there years ago.
People need shoutbox type real time chat space, after the dearth of quality chat room services.

•••
The main issue with shoutboxes on home pages is how much harder it is to combat blatant spammers trying to get home page exposure. It would be 10x harder than moderating a chat room and 100x more attractive to spammers. That's the sad truth.

•••
I totally agree with the spammers issue.

But there could be many ways out of that problem. One of tjose ways is:-

To put a limitation on the shoutbox use, until there is a fixed number of posts by a user.

Moderation could be done by seniors.

•••
•••
The main issue with shoutboxes on home pages is how much harder it is to combat blatant spammers trying to get home page exposure. It would be 10x harder than moderating a chat room and 100x more attractive to spammers. That's the sad truth.

I can imagine the SPAM that would be on the chatbox if it was open to all, however, what you can do is make it such that only Supporter, VIP, Business, Staff, members could access it or at-least Regular Members with say min. 50 posts or 2 or more +ve reviews are allowed to chat.

This could be a very good feature (LIVE CHAT BOX - On The Forum Itself) and ultimate save allot of threads from being created and also a good place to chat with a fellow member in real time.

Hope you take this request under consideration.

-CR

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back