IT.COM

discuss Who says long domains have no value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
SmartManagement(.)com just sold at GD Expired Auction for $3,800 (making it the 11th highest sale at at GD Expired Auctions in the last 7 days.)

(15 characters)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
Sorry for disturbing you.
It seems you know the value of "smart + keyword".
Could you let me know how much my 2 domains could be Worth ? (in your opinion)

SmartMeetup.com

SmartPayouts.com

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards.

Philippe

Lolz! Yep I have a few and my 'Smart' business is almost 18 years old now :).

Both are good ones! Try to sell them on BrandBucket or Brandpa if you are looking for a sale, Else they are definitely great for development.

best,
Anita

•••
Lolz! Yep I have a few and my 'Smart' business is almost 18 years old now :).

Both are good ones! Try to sell them on BrandBucket or Brandpa if you are looking for a sale, Else they are definitely great for development.

best,
Anita

Hello Anita,

Thank you so much for your feedback.
I really appreciated It.

Kind Regards.

Philippe

•••
Great job as the salesperson. It isn't all in the merit of the domain it is 95% in the negotiation.

•••
It is long, AutoConsultant.com have had some good offers

•••
I was driving through Baltimore over the weekend and saw a giant billboard advertising:

YouHaveALawyer[.]com

A mere 14 characters, but kind of catchy. :-P

•••
We just posted in the Domain Name Sales section (see link below) about two other long, 'smart' domain name sales we just completed -- SmartConveyance.com (15 characters) and SmartInfrastructure.com (19 characters) for a combined $15,500. Long domain names with the right keywords can indeed sell for decent money and high returns on investment.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/two-smart-com-sales-by-media-code-llc.1086282/

•••
SmartManagement(.)com just sold at GD Expired Auction for $3,800 (making it the 11th highest sale at at GD Expired Auctions in the last 7 days.)

(15 characters)

SmartManagement.com is an amazing brand worth high $XX,XXX
I would price it at $120,000USD
There are a LOT of 2 word .com names that have traded for 6 figures.....

•••
•••
•••
Who is going to buy this ?
Nobodyyy because it is not possible to register *

emoji domain = IDN
63 emojis will result in more than 63 characters = not possible
TLD .sleep = not exisitng

Last edited:
•••
i dont think anyone ever said long names have no value. smartcloudcomputing is long but i would buy it...but I think we can all agree smartcloud or smartcomputing is a better name that would sell for more.
So long names in general tend to have a lower value and sale price to shorter counterparts.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure what the future holds for long tail with voice search now becoming popular. You type in nothing and let the algorithms find what you seek. My domain with the most characters

DomainSearchEngineOptimization(dot)com

•••

(15 characters)

That went low..

•••
Federer on here sells quite a few two word. coms

it doesn't matter about the characters if the
Two word com is industry sector self explanatory

the two word com in the thread is

Smart and very suitable for a business etc

Short domains are not valuable to encase they are short

Short domains are only valuable if good

But there are also some absolute rubbish short domains
eg typos plurals that don't make sense in obscure extensions just so the domain can be short etc

Gtlds will start to soar in value but two word. coms in the business sector will still do ok

mm does ok selling two a different 3 word. Coms as does rs

•••
SmartManagement.com is an amazing brand worth high $XX,XXX
I would price it at $120,000USD
There are a LOT of 2 word .com names that have traded for 6 figures.....

Well, now is your time to buy it -- it's immediately back on the market at NameJet: http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/BackorderDetails.aspx?domainname=smartmanagement.com with a low reserve between $2,501 to $5,000. So, why not buy it for $5,000 and price it at $120,000 BIN? I might do just that... :)

•••
•••
Everyone likes the short domains but look at the top 10 all time domain sales. 4 out of 5 have been 2 word domains.
  1. LasVegas.com – $90 million (2005-2040)
  2. CarInsurance.com– $49.7 million (2010)
  3. Insurance.com – $35.6 million (2010)
  4. Vacationrentals.com – $35 million (2007)
  5. Privatejet.com – $30.1 million (2012)

All .com the King. Some nice sales in new extensions but I would not bankroll much on the new extensions.

•••
Everyone likes the short domains but look at the top 10 all time domain sales. 4 out of 5 have been 2 word domains.
  1. LasVegas.com – $90 million (2005-2040)
  2. CarInsurance.com– $49.7 million (2010)
  3. Insurance.com – $35.6 million (2010)
  4. Vacationrentals.com – $35 million (2007)
  5. Privatejet.com – $30.1 million (2012)

All .com the King. Some nice sales in new extensions but I would not bankroll much on the new extensions.
Now that IS interesting.

What do you think of VirtualCryptocurrencies.com?

•••
Now that IS interesting.

What do you think of VirtualCryptocurrencies.com?
Is it alright but the same problem as my long tail. Better without the first word. "Alexa, find cryptocurrencies." Few are going to add the virtual.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back