IT.COM

discuss Who says long domains have no value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
SmartManagement(.)com just sold at GD Expired Auction for $3,800 (making it the 11th highest sale at at GD Expired Auctions in the last 7 days.)

(15 characters)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Because they are aware of the fact that there are people on this planet who have so deep pockets that they simply don't know what to do with all their moneyyy
They have a lot of houses / villas / castles with luxury bunkers, they have any car they want, they have private jets / helicopters, mega yachts, high amounts of gold, luxury watches, jewlery, super expensive artworks…

...so to think that there is no possibility that they will also consider to buy such highest domains, is crazyyy

It's called reality. You can't drive a useless 63 char domain. You can't fly it. You can't even use it in conversation with the pedigree of sorts that you refer to without appearing insane. Believe me.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I'd really love it if you did. But, I'm a realist and that day will never come.

I'd advise you to invest in real value domains, but i know you'll never exit your realm of insanity just because i said so... You're officially a lost cause.

But i do hope that somehow, a crack in reality allows for such an abnormality to take form and all of your wildest dreams form into realness

But it will never, ever, ever, be the norm.

Last edited:
•••
What is the average length?
No wise cracks, please.
Not sure, but my girlfriend could probably tell you what the below average length is.

I am currently working on a xxxx for 6 word domain of mine, so I don’t think length matters as much as the stigma says, as long as the domain is a good one

•••
I do not intend to prove to you that you are wrong.

So you don't intend to make any sales?

You're even crazier than i first suspected, then...

What do you expect to get out of all this???

Last edited:
•••
It's called reality. You can't drive a useless 63 char domain. You can't fly it. You can't even use it in conversation with the pedigree of sorts that you refer to without appearing insane. Believe me.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I'd really love it if you did. But, I'm a realist and that day will never come.

I'd advise you to invest in real value domains, but i know you'll never exit your realm of insanity just because i said so... You're officially a lost cause.

But i do hope that somehow, a crack in reality allows for such an abnormality to take form and all of your wildest dreams form into realness

But it will never, ever, ever, be the norm.
Yes, it's called reality - but remember, you simply told me your realityyy
Every being has its own realityyy

Please be also advised that I only invest in real value domains.
Maybe you own useless domains, I only own usefull domains.

Also, don't forget, that the use of domains is not always the same.
Some (most) people use their domains as web addresses for their websites, of course that's the origin reason why domains were "invented".
But some (few) people use domains just to add them to their virtual assets - collection, either as an investment or simply for their own pleasure (like art).
Believe me, these kind of domains have realest (virtual) value.

Although such (at least my of such) domains worth more than houses / cars / boats / planes / helicopteres / jewlery / watches / classic artwork, it's even easier to cary them than to cary these mentioned "real" assets - because they are "virtual".

Unfortuantelyyy you have not realized the point that you can of course live, drive, swim, fly with these domains, you can enjoy them at any time - you simply have to reserve them a place in your brain and they will be with you, wherever you go and whatever you do.

I never said, that they will become the (general) norm and of course I don't think that...
...but they have the potential to become the "norm" under UHNWIs.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it's called reality - but remember, you simply told me your realityyy
Every being has its own realityyy

Please be also advised that I only invest in real value domains.
Maybe you own useless domains, I only own usefull domains.

Also, don't forget, that the use of domains is not always the same.
Some (most) people use their domains as web addresses for their websites, of course that's the origin reason why domains were "invented".
But some (few) people use domains just to add them to their virtual assets - collection, either as an investment or simply for their own pleasure (like art).
Believe me, these kind of domains have realest (virtual) value.

Although they worth more than houses / cars / boats / planes / helicopteres / jewlery / watches / classic artwork, it's even easier to cary them than to cary these mentioned "real" assets - because they are "virtual".

Unfortuantelyyy you have not realized the point that you can of course live, drive, swim, fly with these domains, you can enjoy them at any time - you simply have to reserve them a place in your brain and they will be with you, wherever you go and whatever you do.

I never said, that they will become the (general) norm and of course I don't think that...
...but they have the potential to become the "norm" under UHNWIs.

Who collects domains just for the sake of the collection? Do you have some examples?

•••
So you don't intend to make any sales?

You're even crazier than i first suspected, then...

What do you expect to get out of all this???
At the end, I don't care if I sell them or not.
It's in every sense an ultimate experience - no matter if you buy / own / sell them.
Like moneyyy - you can also just get / own / spend it - that's why I believe in the possibility that I can get richer than rich with these long, "highest" domains.

Last edited:
•••
Who collects domains just for the sake of the collection? Do you have some examples?
Imagine, there are beings who do that - even with pleasure. Yes.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Besides yourself...? What other examples are there?
Every domain which is not in (classic) use and not for sale is obviously a "collected" domain.

•••
Every domain which is not in (classic) use and not for sale is obviously a "collected" domain.
There's an important (and very large) difference between "investment" and "collection".

•••
There's an important (and very large) difference between "investment" and "collection".
Of course, yes (I never said that this is the same, that's why I used both terms).

In this context, a thought regarding "investment":
There is not only the financial "investment" - an "investment" can also be of physical / mental / social nature ("investment" in your health / knowledge / integration).

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I could sell

SmartBrainstorming.com

•••
I'm just saying, for new people in the game, that this doesn't mean that suddenly it's a good idea to register 2 or 3 word domains and expect the same results!
This answer is somewhat perplexing. Your reply alludes that you are suggesting that new people in the game shouldn't register 2-3 words domains, thus, I guess, they only should register 1 word domains if they were to want a $3800 sale? (Which is not that great of a sale overall, and on a platform of cheap domainer buyers.) VikingExploration.com (17 letters) sold for $19,888 recently. I'm sure you'll come back with a "I meant don't expect that amount of a sale for new reg". But there have been many newly regged domains that have sold that were longer, and some for more. And many more long 2-3 word domains have sold for good amounts prior. So new regs depend on the 'quality' of the domain, not the length. Sorry, but imo, I think your reply is misleading advice to 'newer people in the game'.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I could sell

SmartBrainstorming.com
Why not?
If a domain "makes sense" = means if it "mediates something", then principallyyy it has value.

If it is made of well known words (like your posted one, for example), it is easy to understand its "message" (meaning).
But of course a meaningfull domain can also have an "abstract soul"- for example just a repeated ("pureness") term / digit or a combination of a / some certain ("code") terms / digits - the advantage of such "abstract" domains is that they give a broader range of interpretation = broader usabilitiyyy

Last edited:
•••
This answer is somewhat perplexing. Your reply alludes that you are suggesting that new people in the game shouldn't register 2-3 words domains, thus, I guess, they only should register 1 word domains if they were to want a $3800 sale? (Which is not that great of a sale overall, and on a platform of cheap domainer buyers.) VikingExploration.com (17 letters) sold for $19,888 recently. I'm sure you'll come back with a "I meant don't expect that amount of a sale for new reg". But there have been many newly regged domains that have sold that were longer, and some for more. And many more long 2-3 word domains have sold for good amounts prior. So new regs depend on the 'quality' of the domain, not the length. Sorry, but imo, I think your reply is misleading advice to 'newer people in the game'.
You didn't read all my replies, and based an opinion on just one, while misreading it i may add.

I'm explicitly implying that it depends on the value of the domain, no matter the length.

But that still needs to include the fact that, this doesn't mean that all long tail domains are valuable. The 63 char top repeating domain, for one extreme example. Do you think this is a viable investment? You're a fool if you do.

It depends on value and worth to a certain consumer. If it doesn't supply any need, than you should do more research.

You're twisting my post into something its not. I never said lengthy domains cannot be valuable.

•••
But that still needs to include the fact that, this doesn't mean that all long tail domains are valuable. The 63 char top repeating domain, for one extreme example. Do you think this is a viable investment? You're a fool if you do.
You're a fool if you don't.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't say "You should never register 2-3 word domains. "

I did say that you shouldn't anyways expect the same results.

•••
•••
You're twisting my post into something its not. I never said lengthy domains cannot be valuable.
No, I'm not twisting your post into anything. I quoted your first reply to the OP, in which you alluded to nothing about 63 characters or anything else. All that 63 letter jibberish etc. was way after the fact of your initial reply, and was related to the dot Top guy, not the OP. One shouldn't have to read all your followup posts to someone else, to get the gist of what you meant in your original replying post.

•••
•••
So you're saying, that any new domainer should just go ahead and register 300 2-3 word domains right off the bat, and should expect to come out ahead.

Good, got it. That's GREAT advice.

•••
So you're saying, that any new domainer should just go ahead and register 300 2-3 word domains right off the bat, and should expect to come out ahead.

Good, got it. That's GREAT advice.
I don't know who you're alluding too, but to be clear, 'I' never said any such thing.

•••
I don't know who you're alluding too, but to be clear, 'I' never said any such thing.
I'm not sure if you're just not reading my posts at all, or if you are just simply taking one out of context.

The 63 char convo came later. The post you yourself quoted simply stated basically that
"Not all 2-3 word domains are the same and you shouldn't expect the same results. "

I also stated that most long tail names should be expected to be sat on for a good while before expecting a sale.

Not everyone has the overhead (especially most newcomers) to sustain this type of portfolio and achieve the same results.

If your buying domains like they are weekly lottery tickets, then you should be more careful.

•••
Again, How many real offers have you had?

The answer is zero.
Again, you obviously don't knowww it.
Because, again, I obviously don't showww it.

But let me tell you that everyyy offer I got, was a real offer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back