IT.COM

Who owns your first name in .COM?

NameSilo
Watch

rvo

Established Member
Impact
I'm Rodrigo and my name is owned by a clothing company from Turkey.

Rodrigo.com

What about yours? What's your name and who owns it?
Would you like to have your first name in .COM? and if so, how much would you pay for it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first name is Ad4g^5zn7 so it was easy to register. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
Lol this is a cool thread and so is the question is asks.

My first name is Archimedes and it's taken in king.

Should come as no surprise since it's the name of one of the world's greatest mathaticians and Greek.

Once owned by Archimedes Systems a computer company.

Now owned by DST SYSTEMS. not exactly sure what it's all about this new company that owns it

Luckily I did reg my last name in King and my full name for blog later.

Domains I've dropped and are now owned by others and they slapped huge price tags on them?

DebtShred
ScamExposer
TGOR
AlphaMatrix

Last edited:
•••
Whois Privacy. Since it is the best name in the world, I doubt that I can get it ever.

p.s.

But I got my first name last name com. :)

Last edited:
•••
Big companies own both my first and last names. They're not for sale. But of course, if I were to offer $XXX,XXX I might get a bite. but probably not for half of that. I just don't have that kind of cash lying around or any good idea for best optimizing how to pay for them.

•••
Tucows... they own both first and last.... why cant they just get a life already....

•••
since we are talking about Names. I'd like to mention that Girl names plus slap a "VR" at the front or end seems to be all snatched up but one person.

Girl names have always traded for big money (so I've heard) some times secret as you won't hear about the sales on NB.

The girl names are obviously the kind of names typically used and reused by entertainers in a certain "industry" and also in Hollywood.

names like

Nikki
Bambi
Barbie
Alice
Britanny
Sasha
Simone
Aria

you know the rest.

anyone care to comment?
Tucows... they own both first and last.... why cant they just get a life already....

I'm not exactly surprised no one has my last name. But seems to be that certain "Masters of the Universe" last names have been taken since the dawn of the internet. The kind of last names of people who end up "ruling the world" either thru business or entertainment.

Strange isn't it? how the same last names end up controlling certain businesses? or industries? hmmmm

like......

Goldstein
GoldBerg
RothChild
Kennedy
Patel
Singh
Wang
Kang
Li

etc etc etc

•••
The girl names are obviously the kind of names typically used and reused by entertainers in a certain "industry" and also in Hollywood.

names like

Nikki
Bambi
Barbie
Alice
Britanny
Sasha
Simone
Aria

you know the rest.
You mean like these...
(WARNING: Profanity Alert!)

•••
•••
my name is Maya, and I even dont want to ask how much could cost maya.com, for sure high XXX XXX
but I own my last name dot .com and portalmaya.com

Last edited:
•••
I own my first and last name. Don't know who owns my first name just some ridonkulous domainer asking for $65,000 on every website:whistle:

•••
This thread made me get my last name my first name(both versions long and nickname) and last name
First name was taken so I did My first name with 360 at the end.

•••
I own my firstname.com and use it for email [email protected]

Easy to explain over the phone, looks nice on resume and you always get complimented on it.

It belonged to a fashion clothes maker since mid nineties so I thought I never would get it and settled for .net, but they went out of business and I grabbed .com for hand reg.

•••
matt.com redirects to a wordpress blog

But I do own my lastname.com and I have my personal email as [email protected]

•••
Tiffany & Co. I don't think I'll be getting that one, but I do own my full name.

I own Tifanee.com, which seems to be a common variant.

•••
My first name is owned by Tucows, used for RealNames email service :xf.eek::xf.cry:

•••
Kent.com is owned by British American Tobacco. Quite sure it is out of my budget range to buy from them.

•••
Kent.com is owned by British American Tobacco. Quite sure it is out of my budget range to buy from them.

You could buy brandable version of it in Qend.com ))

•••
Sterling jewelers inc. Jared the galleria of jewelry. lol

•••
Me owns me first name. Cost me $1k in an auction though ! :xf.grin:

•••
•••
I'm definitely never going to own my name - dan.com :)

•••
I'm owned by some technical/automotive company. www.ricardo.com

Dropped my full name.com recently. Somebody picked it up and has de namecheap landingpage on it. Never googled anyone with the same name. Maybe i'm getting famous:p

In the past a large company called ricardo.nl had commercials on the tellie. I heard the slogan a million times repeated as soon as i introduced myself. Old fun

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back