Dynadot

Whm

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How long does an WHM account take to make, i ordered one 8 hours ago and there is nothing when i login just a few categories with account information and cpanel skins, Does this mean my account is being setup still, and how long does it usually take? I hope my hosting isnt nackered, i only ordered yesterday.

Thanks
Steven

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
usually on layeredtech it's about 24 to 48 hours after paid is manually verified. that's already including the server setup.

•••
Thanks, does this mean my hosting should be up tomorrow, im getting the reseller free as i made a deal with someone over msn, they gave the whm info, so its still setting up?

•••
what if you check it with him? usually from server to server it varies but that's the standard waiting time not unless you have some customized script to be added to your account that takes more, tomorrow is a good time to check. and if after 48 hours time to Im lol

•••
Thanks, i appreciate your help with this as i was getting a bit worried i might have to re order, they might be on msn tonight and i will see if they know anything, If anyone else wants to comment feel free, and mods sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i didnt know where it could go.

WebLord > Rep Added

•••
8 hours is a very short time to get worried, layeredtech is now publishing like 72 hours ( 36 hours for order verification dept. to review order/account + 36 hours to install your server - of which i don't believe and they're just saying it to be on the safe side) on their forum for a server deployment :) but still delivers 24 to 48 hours not unless there's a biling problem, that's another story. so just relax and watch some movies. thanks for the rep.

Last edited:
•••
webmonkey said:
How long does an WHM account take to make, i ordered one 8 hours ago and there is nothing when i login just a few categories with account information and cpanel skins, Does this mean my account is being setup still, and how long does it usually take? I hope my hosting isnt nackered, i only ordered yesterday.

Thanks
Steven

Is this on a server you just purchased or is it just a reseller from a host? If you purchased a reseller, the host should be able to set it up instantly.

•••
WHM can be set up instantly. It just depends on when they receive your payment and when they decide to actually create your account. The amount of time you wait will generally show their service... so if you wait a long time, the company probably has terrible service/support.

•••
yeah if it's on a reseller account it's instant setup.

•••
maybe You are trying to access whm in wrong port?,

cpanel access port is domain.com:2082 and whm access port is domain.com:2086

•••
also you can try port 2087 for whm
dnb8 said:
maybe You are trying to access whm in wrong port?,

cpanel access port is domain.com:2082 and whm access port is domain.com:2086

•••
Moved to: Web Hosting Discussion

•••
Seems you're describing a situation in which your host forgot to add appropriate reseller package features via Reseller Center in root WHM... try to remind them, as there might be a glitch in the script they're using, etc.

•••
Thanks all, the problem was the guy forgot to configure it!!

•••
glad that this issue is resolved. thanks for the rep.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back