Dynadot

Which web hosting company you know is the best?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi NP Friend,

Comparatively and generally speaking, which web hosting company you know is the best?

I need general features, such as root access, SSH, SSL, SSI, MySQL databases, stable FreeBSD OS, Apache, SMTP, cPanel......

Basic requirements:

1) Good quality---reliable, almost always online, fast.

2) Good technical support. Customer-friendly. 24~7 Toll-Free Telephone technical support.

3) The web host is a big company, with long-time, good, hosting services, and with many business companies hosted.

4) No small web hosts (sorry, I've suffered a lot from several small web hosts).

5) Not expensive.

6) VPS package preferred.

7) FreeBSD (or other BSD) OS. No linux OS or other crappy OS.

8) Has a 100% refund policy within an initial period.

Thank you very much!

%%-

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Edited.

Last edited:
•••
•••
http://bluehost.com is the best IMHO

300 Gigabyte Hosting Space (NEW!)
web hostingHost UNLIMITED Domains!!!
2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
3,000 GIGS of Transfer (NEW!)
SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats
CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
2000/2002/2003 Front Page Extensions
Free Domain Forever!
Free Site Builder (NEW)
24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support

Price is $6.95 per month. But you must pay in full for either 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or 24 months. They give you a full refund within 30 days.

Also, you get to switch between PHP4 and PHP5 and they allow you to purchase a dedicated IP for an extra $30 per year. They have everything you're looking for other than BSD system but why would that matter anyway?
You can find more info here

•••
Hi Friends,

Thank you all!

This time I'm seriously looking for a really good web host to develop and run my site for a long time. Headache for often switching hosting companies.

More recommendations are expected and appreciated.

:)

•••
Offers section is where you should look for.

•••
I recommend you ahosting.biz feature rich reselling plans accompanied by their quality personalized support.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was looking thru the thread and just realised that your initial request was for VPS, and ahosting.biz offers dedicated plans only.

•••
hello,
I would recommend yphost.com (thats us)
you can have a look at the features on our website:):):)

•••
if you want zero or free budget,

then 110mb it your choice.

it is nice and without any advertisements,

and totally free of charge.

•••
Horranus said:
http://bluehost.com is the best IMHO

Price is $6.95 per month. But you must pay in full for either 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or 24 months. They give you a full refund within 30 days.

Also, you get to switch between PHP4 and PHP5 and they allow you to purchase a dedicated IP for an extra $30 per year. They have everything you're looking for other than BSD system but why would that matter anyway?
You can find more info here

Does that mean that I can run a gaming server on it if I purchase a dedicated IP?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back