Dynadot

discuss Which tools do you use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
Hello NP community.

I watch/read/listen to a lot of interviews and people are mentionning the tools they use on a daily basis. Stuff like Estibot, DomainIQ, etc.

But these platforms cost a lot of money for small domainers like me .. $25/month here and $30/month there ... it adds up very quickly and it really cuts through the net profit of my domain activities.

I understand this is not a concern for full-time bigger players making $100K plus per year, but that is not my situation.

--

So I have a few questions :
- What are the paying services you use on a daily basis?
- If you could only afford one, the most useful in your opinion, which one would it be?

Thanks for sharing a bit with me on the subject.
Dom.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
serps.com/tools/keywords
to find quickly the keyword demand (must faster and easier to use than GKT). It's free

May be sharing tools is a solution provided it does not violate T&Cs. I might be interested, probably as a small occasional user (else, I buy the tools)

•••
What do you expect from those tools exactly ?
There is no magic tool that will tell you what domain to buy.
First identify the features you're looking for and then maybe you'll find out you can build your own tools.

•••
Writing the word estibot (or any other automated valuation tools) on this forum provokes some kind of reaction and you are immediately catalogued as a dreamer :)

It's also true that there are there are plenty of free good tools that cover most of your needs.

I thought of a few more useful tools. They do not fall in the paid-tool category that you asked for in this thread, but I mention them to sparkle ideas for paid tools from more experienced people:

expireddomains.net to monitor expired domains
zfbot.com and/or 123finder.com to find how many registered domainns contain a given string

uspto.gov/trademark
gov.uk/search-for-trademark
ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/bscSrch.do?lang=eng
to evaluate the risk of trademark infringements
(it'd be great to have a one click automated tool for that)

I also use moz as part of the due dilligence process
moz.com/researchtools/ose/
Here again, an automated tool to prepare due dilligence would be nice to have

Once in a while, I look at tools to analyze/select auctions, but I haven't found anything exciting yet that is not available within the aution sites. I'd be interested if anyone has a good suggestion

I haven't found any good tool to scrap contacts (not scraping by hundred, but finding the right person within a company)

I have bought whois domain checker (cheap and no monthly fee) to check if a domain is registered and access some historical data. You can query up to 100k at a time.

I also use Netpeak checker to analyze PBN domains.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I use a hammer, screwdriver and mallet to smash my computer in when I get outbid on domains >:(

•••
•••
What do you expect from those tools exactly ?
There is no magic tool that will tell you what domain to buy.
First identify the features you're looking for and then maybe you'll find out you can build your own tools.

I currently mainly use ExpiredDomains.net and Google Keyword Planner to search domains and have information on search trends for the domain and CPC/Competition.

I also use a bit of Whoisology to know other domains a person own but again, I am very limited in what I can do if I don't pay the minimum $30/month. I know DomainIQ gives a lot of information on owners portfolio and owners history.

I also deal a lot with 4L so LLLLSales and NameBio are good free ressources for me. But that is to follow prices evolution.

--

I like to know what others do and use for their "daily searches" of the next gem!!

•••
I use my own PHP script to generate patterns and the NameBright Bulk Checker to check if they are available.
I also use excel to manage my domain names and to bulk check if they have any pattern like AABBC etc..

•••
I also use [ Domain Name Analyzer ] for bulk search of availability. Not as much nowadays, but when I was searching for remaining 5L and 6N I was searching hundred of thousands of domain with that tools. It is very fast and efficient.

•••
http://www.grabflip.com/expireddomains/

This is our website page,where we update expired domains and deleted domains every day... This is also the tool which I use for myself.

hope it is useful :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back