Which the best permalink?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Sojgkp

New Member
Impact
0
I want to know.. which the best permalink to website that use wordpress?
/%postname% or %postname%.html

What the different both of them?

Thanks,
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
/postname is as a directory and postname.html is as a file in the main directory (the domain).
The difference is maybe for SEO
 
0
•••
I want to know.. which the best permalink to website that use wordpress?
/%postname% or %postname%.html

What the different both of them?

Thanks,

I use /%postname/ on one off my blogs :)
 
0
•••
Both are equal in the eyes of Google. However, /%postname/ is pretty much the choice of most bloggers for the shorter url.
 
0
•••
I would go with /%postname%.
 
0
•••
Moved to web development section
 
0
•••
I only go with the %postname%, although %category%/%postname% could work as well if you use categories as keywords
 
0
•••
I, personally, prefer omitting the .html in the URL; the cleaner, and more minimal the permalink, the more organised it feels.

However, it is all down to you, and your personal opinion -- many of the people I know use the .html extension, as they think it looks more realistic, as if every page was custom-created.

Your choice.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back