NameSilo

Which Registar for .com.au ?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
71
I would like to register for domain .com.au. WHich registar do you use ? :td:

And how much for that ? Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
do you satisfy the registration criteria for a .com.au?

Cheers
Corey
 
0
•••
Hostess.com.au has 2 years for $25AUD. As far as I know this is the cheapest.
 
0
•••
coreyg said:
do you satisfy the registration criteria for a .com.au?

Cheers
Corey

Would appreciate if you could provide any info about that.
 
0
•••
You will need to have an ABN (Aus Business Number) number to register .com.au names


I have used these 3

Hostess.com.au
Enetica.com.au
AustDomains.com.au
 
0
•••
Agree, Hostess is a fine registrar at $25 for 2 years (... powered by Net Registry)

I also recommend Intaserve.com.au. (which is only $2.95 extra)

The cheapest i know of is name.com.au at $20 for 2 years (... powered by domain central) however IMO their control panels are terribly confusing.

Smarty Host is quite good as well at $20 per year, althought they have a different login for every domain which is terrible if you are managing a large portfolio of australian sites.
 
0
•••
Intaserve are a couple of bucks more than the cheapest but they have great customer service.
If looking for cheapest no frills Hostess is the best I've come across.

As for name.com.au -how can they do it for $20 for 2 years? I thought the fee from the registry was $20.65??!! In fact website doesn't appear to be working for me.... Anyone successfully used them?

Also A$10 for .COM for 1 year. That's about US$6.60 at todays rate. Isn't that a particularly low price too?
 
0
•••
althought they have a different login for every domain

Enetica have this too, a real pain in the @ss
 
0
•••
netfleet said:
As for name.com.au -how can they do it for $20 for 2 years? I thought the fee from the registry was $20.65??!! In fact website doesn't appear to be working for me.... Anyone successfully used them?

I have 2 .com.au domains with name.com.au - i'm a sucker for a cheap price.

Their control panels are the same as domaincentral.com.au, though for some reason i'm having a terrible time trying to change the nameservers away from the registrar.
 
0
•••
Try Crazy Domain for AUD24.95 for 2 years.
 
0
•••
Thanks for info.

Is new registration of .com.au required 2 years ?
 
0
•••
Yep that's right. 2 years min
 
0
•••
netfleet said:
Yep that's right. 2 years min
actually 2years flat , no more - no less
and renewal can only be done within 3 months of expiry.
 
0
•••
lighting_blue said:
Thanks for info.

Is new registration of .com.au required 2 years ?

and you must have ABN to register for the .au domain

thanks.
 
0
•••
Is ABN is a must ? Could any registar become representative there ? Or maybe there is some way to occupy ABN ?

If so, only Aussie people could register ?
 
0
•••
lighting_blue said:
Is ABN is a must ? Could any registar become representative there ? Or maybe there is some way to occupy ABN ?

If so, only Aussie people could register ?

ABN is a must.

I m not sure about registrar become representative..maybe you can check with netfleet.

thanks
 
0
•••
i use bottledomains , it really is worth asking the question "is that the best you can do"

and the customer support is great
 
0
•••
evirtual1 said:
i use bottledomains , it really is worth asking the question "is that the best you can do"

and the customer support is great
I wouldnt use them, BottleDomains = Domain Central = Name.com.au = Australian Style and maybe others. Anyway I have had some bad experiences with Domain Central and they still owe me $81.50 so until they return my money I will consider them scammers, plus they take a week to reply to an email.
 
0
•••
it seems everyone experience is different
 
0
•••
evirtual1 said:
it seems everyone experience is different
Sure, but usually when I see warning signs I stop using a registrar, they are using so many different aliases and wasnt so long ago they were selling domains at a loss through Domain Central, look at what happened with other companies who sold domains at a loss like EstDomains. Also on Bottle Domains they claim to have the world's cheapest reseller prices which is a complete lie as their prices are like $20 for a com. I recommend staying away from them.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back