IT.COM

Which landers work well for domain investors

NameSilo
Watch

Creative Domainer

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I had read some thread related to my question below 👇, but I haven't reached any conclusion yet.
The question is: which lander work well for domain investors?
1. Dan
2. Afternic
3. Our own lander

Should we use dan's nameservers and list at afternic? (using their premium promotion program?) Or use only afternic's nameservers for better results.
What doess your experience say?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you mean LANDERS not lenders as in the page seen by visitors to the domain name?

Last edited:
•••
•••
One would think afternic but I get more offers on sedo nowadays. Only listed two on squadhelp and one sold, may be listing more there soon or consider my own landers once portfolio is back above a few hundred names. Never listed with Dan but have read good success stories.

•••
I use Epik's landers and very happy.

•••
Hi

the domain is what potential buyers are interested in, not the lander it resides on.

imo....

•••
Try to have a BIN.

I believe works more than a lander.

Nobody likes playing games to get a # of you.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
All of the above. Like someone has mentioned on DI, "all themes are lipstick on the pigs or pit bulls".
Same as saying the domain name and buyer's disposition is the main factor.

Generally, a lander must be intuitive, without errors/bugs, unnecessary links and unambiguous texts.

•••
Many such threads, and they appear regularly...
Use searchbox...

•••
Last edited:
•••
I use Sedo (v1 lander), new Bodis SSL sales form and Epik.

Last edited:
•••
I use Sedo, new Bodis SSL sales forms and Epik.
All admirable and worthy landers. Suprised no DAN! Why the anwers posed, should not be determined as absolute, all “trial & error” what works for you, might not work for other

Agree yours, i’d just replace Bodis w/ Dan. Ty!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I spent 3 years on DAN trial.
And it is enough for me.

•••
Efty landers with bin button to Dan or for .ca i put a bin paypal button. No bin no balls

•••
the domain is what potential buyers are interested in, not the lander it resides on.
100%.
I still meet even oldschool domainers with just email address on their empty lander.

•••
•••
Hi

imo....
Agree, but some buyers trust well-established marketplaces like godaddy, they afraid that they will loose their money on other website.

•••
Try to have a BIN.

I believe works more than a lander.

Nobody likes playing games to get a # of you.

Samer
Well if we set BIN, then which lander would you choose?

•••
Landers are like lipstick on pigs or on Pitbull....

•••
Guys the comparison is between dan/afternic/sedo/own landers. Many big domainers prefer afternic, why? I think because people (buyers) are familiar with afternic (godaddy), they go with them instead of any other marketplace. If you prefer any other landers you should talk about them in the light of your experience.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well, have you sold any domains there yet?

Of course. But why do you even put it like this? Look, the good landing page imo, will help you.
It's not gonna sell a bad name, but it's definitely helpful. Think about it as you think about SEO or good website design if you sell any product online. If your product is bad with high prices and bad conditions - nothing will help you. But with a decent product adding these things you'll stand out above.
There are people here who won't agree with me. No doubt, if you have a name like space.com you can put it on the ''404 Not Found'' page with an email in times new roman and three mistakes in it, and still be found.
But for the rest of us here, a good landing page is helpful.
Apart from visually attracting parts you can throw SEO there, share on social media, give description and stats, links to other your related domains or portfolio as a whole (I am talking about the one that I use). There is a payment terminal, all sorts of statistics to see which domains are popular, tags, fast price adjustments and much more. To me, a good landing page is definitely an advantage.

•••
My vote goes for the Alter.com landing pages. They charge 10% commission, and they don't impose any surcharges to customers.

I read that the best setup is to set a realistic buy it now price (BIN), and also setup long-term installment payment options. So all my domains have reasonable BIN prices and installment payment options, Alter.com supports this. And they design free logos for me should a domain name qualify for a premium name, but in case of non-premium names there is an option to buy a great-looking logo for just 5 USD / logo.

They syndicate your domains for free on Sedo and on Dan, but you can disable this option if you don't like it. And you are allowed to advertise your domains on Afternic.

Their landing pages look the best, I have never seen such good-looking landing pages elsewhere. I haven't tested it, but I believe the great-looking logos are a plus.

Sure there are other options which charge less, for example Sav, Daaz, Biix, Efty etc. But you should also take into consideration the features, not the just the fees. But still 10% commission is very competitive.

I also use Squadhelp, but they charge more commission, however they invest heavily into marketing. If you have a hard to sell brandable domain name, you could list it on Squadhelp, should they accept it as premium name.

Last edited:
•••
My opinion is that you should have your own landing page.
While there are many platforms where you can list your names, none of them is perfect or custom.

This is why we created a custom domain store where you can have your own landing page for your names,that would increase domain sales as @VadimK Iberica stated. We included BIN, Make Offer, Contact Seller combined with payment options like DAN, Escrow, Godaddy, Sedo, CreditCard (with Stripe). We also have a dedicated space for logos, but if you don't have one we create a nice text logo.
All this is presented in a modern, fast and professional way, so people can trust you. You can see an example here: Supernames.com or Brandshore.com

•••
Back