IT.COM

Which is the most complex TLD/registrar to transfer domains away?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Asking this for a very few domains I am planning to buy for an own site, not with reselling purposes. So in that case, I actually see it as a benefit when there is a lot of paperwork involved or other very complex or lengthy procedures to transfer a domain away. Because when you buy it purely to use for yourself and without any selling purposes, the more complex it is/the harder it is to transfer a domain away, the better the protection.

Are there any registrars or (cc)TLD's known for their complexity and thus security? (note the combination of both: it has to be proven to be reliable but just administered in a way where transfers require more than just entering a code to authorise the transfer)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
1&1 ... lol. You can't get it away from them. I'm kidding. Don't use.

If you're worried look into a specialized registrar that manages domains for you like MarkMonitor.com (I don't use them or know much about them but I know a lot of companies do).

Probably expensive. I've heard/read that Fabulous has extra security available.

http://www.fabulous.com/informationcenter/index.htm?formdata[qid]=1194

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back