IT.COM

.mobi Which is better LLL .mobi or keyword(s) .mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
For a small portfolio of .mobi domains would it be better to get random LLLs or to get something that people on the go might actually need or search for like towingservice.mobi or stormwarning.mobi

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you plan on developing the site right away, I would prefer a keyword rather than random LLL.

kev

•••
I'd go with LLL over those particular .mobi's, IMO.

•••
Many keywords in .mobi were reserved by the registry and are unavailable. Then the registry allowed trademark owners to buy names. After that the early registrations ($60 for 2 years) allowed the experts to chew through the remaining keyword domains. On October 11 the price fell and those same experts, and others, roared in and grabbed anything they could make a profit on.

If you think you can find something good in the scraps remaining --- go for it.

LLL.Mobi is a different game. There are nearly an unlimited number of two and three word domains, there are only 17576 LLL domains. LLL domains have a price floor - there are many collector/investors who will buy any LLL in their favored extensions below a certain price. Put a LLL.us or LLL.info on sale here or on ebay and you are practically guaranteed to get bids up to that floor (Zesty/3character.com we miss you). In financial terms LLL domains are much more liquid investments.

LLL.coms are going for $$$$ and there are exactly as many LLL.mobi's.
Opinions are like a--h---s but this seems an easy call to me.

•••
the new mobile phone will got a keyboard. we do not need to worry about letters or numbers. it is a job for Nokia, samsung, ms, and google.....
just keep waitting.....

•••
mtvplayer said:
the new mobile phone will got a keyboard. we do not need to worry about letters or numbers. it is a job for Nokia, samsung, ms, and google.....
just keep waitting.....

Believe me, the majority of cell phone owners will still have just a PHONE w/o keyboard for the next few years (probably longer) so easy input will be key.

•••
What if the search engines give priority to mobi domains for searches done on mobile devices, then if someone is searching for towing on their phone they might click on towingservices.mobi if it shows up in the top results, so they might not have to actually type it in but it sure will get their attention if the keywords in the domain relate to what they are searching for.

•••
oldtimer said:
What if the search engines give priority to mobi domains for searches done on mobile devices, then if someone is searching for towing on their phone they might click on towingservices.mobi if it shows up in the top results, so they might not have to actually type it in but it sure will get their attention if the keywords in the domain relate to what they are searching for.

I agree 110% and I fully expect google to give priority to .mobis when you google from a mobile phone. Don't quote me on that though :hehe:

•••
I agree

.mobi will be the default TLD in the yrs to come IMO well at least in mobile phones anyway. Trademark issues have been much more sorted in the .mobi release as opposed to .com in yrs gone by i feel & lessons have been learnt. This makes it much stronger TLD, time will tell tho...

•••
Somebody please educate me...

Why are LLL.mobi's such a big deal? (besides the fact that they are in limited supply)

•••
ezinaz said:
Somebody please educate me...

Why are LLL.mobi's such a big deal? (besides the fact that they are in limited supply)

I believe half of it is because they are shorter (for the most part) than other names which is important for a .mobi Plus LLL names can stand for many things. So from a reseller standpoint you have many customers (Personally I plan to develope mine).

That combined with that fact that they are in a limited supply (which I know you did not want me to mention) makes them seem more valuable. The difference between possible LLLL names vs LLL names is HUGE.

Shorter is viewed as better even in the .com because there is less chance for your user to make a typo.

•••
Most people have had success with both LLLs and keyword domains, but my question was for a small portfolio of mobi domains lets say around 25 names would it be better if they are mostly keywords that relate to something that people on the go might search for and find useful or would it be better to have mostly random LLLs . I know that LLLs are rising in value and are easier to sell in other extensions, but wouldn’t the domains that have the right keywords and are useful to people on the go be better for development in .mobi . When people are away from home lets say when at work, commuting, shopping, traveling, vacationing, or camping would they be more inclined to search for jobs, sports, music, travel, entertainment, classifieds, and some necessary services or information such as towing services or storm warnings or would they be searching for random LLLs even though they are easier to type, and would they remember what each letter stands for when they are in a hurry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back