Dynadot

opinion Which domain auction is best to sell at?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've never sent a domain name to an auction marketplace but thinking of testing one out.
1) Which auction marketplace (e.g. Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy, Dropcatch, Snapnames) is the most effective in terms of visibility, most views, most potential bids, higher end prices, etc?
2) Can anyone send a domain name to Dropcatch?
3) Are the auction fees similar to what each charges for normal fixed price sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
depends on the name and fees vary greatly in this business.

Anyone can list on dropcatch, I think the name has to be at namebright.

•••
Anyone can list on dropcatch, I think the name has to be at namebright.
Yep, Domain has to be in Namebright forcefully to list there.

Dropcatch work greats for domains with rep, not for just brandable domains without rep. I feel there are better auctions, but I'm not super-into it. Probably namejet or sedo are better (not sure)

Last edited:
•••
If nobody bids you can list again but be certain nobody but you is going to promote your auction.

•••
So the name has to be registered at Namebright in order to be on Dropcatch auction? Ok I thought Dropcatch was an overall auction marketplace where anyone could list.

For Sedo and Afternic, I believe anyone can list irregardless if domain is registered there or not.

Any idea on how much each charges for auction? I'm assuming some kind of flat free or % of final winning price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back