Dan.com
Namecheap

Which Dan lander setup is bringing you the most sales?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Buy Now

votes
    33.3%
  • Buy Now + Make Offer

votes
    11.1%
  • Buy Now + Lease To Own

votes
    16.7%
  • Buy Now + Make Offer + Lease To Own

votes
    11.1%
  • Make Offer

votes
    16.7%
  • It doesn't matter! Please share your opinion...

votes
    11.1%

We had this functionality in 2014-2016 and it didn't increase sales at all but made sure sellers would get:

1: More spam
2: Less transactional conversion

We designed our purchase options with conversion in mind so you do not have to.
Bad answer, every market, every portfolio is different...

We had this functionality in 2014-2016 and it didn't increase sales at all but made sure sellers would get:

1: More spam
2: Less transactional conversion

We designed our purchase options with conversion in mind so you do not have to.
You allow the buyer to make an offer... and you will soon allow the buyer to request a price. So why not allow the buyer to contact the seller without having to make an offer or request a price? What's the difference? Let the seller decide whether or not they want to receive this "spam" with a simple Yes or No in the seller's back end. Some of us very much WANT this option since it often times leads to a sale that would otherwise never be made.

FolioTeam

AMDB.tv
Impact
You allow the buyer to make an offer... and you will soon allow the buyer to request a price. So why not allow the buyer to contact the seller without having to make an offer or request a price? What's the difference? Let the seller decide whether or not they want to receive this "spam" with a simple Yes or No in the seller's back end. Some of us very much WANT this option since it often times leads to a sale that would otherwise never be made.
The difference is that some people will take the deal off-platform to save on commission if that is enabled.

The difference is that some people will take the deal off-platform to save on commission if that is enabled.
Those that wish to cheat the system and take things off-platform can just as easily do that via "Make an Offer" or with the upcoming "Request a Price" feature. I don't see the difference between allowing a buyer to contact the seller via a "request a Price" chat or via a "Contact the Seller" chat. If Dan is okay with a buyer contacting the seller to request a price, they should be okay with allowing a buyer to contact the seller to ask a question. Same damn thing, only better since it allows the seller to display the price AND open up a dialogue with the buyer -- which sometimes results in more sales. If a seller doesn't want to offer the "Contact the Seller" option they can just turn it off.

karmaco

Top Contributor
Impact
Those that wish to cheat the system and take things off-platform can just as easily do that via "Make an Offer" or with the upcoming "Request a Price" feature. I don't see the difference between allowing a buyer to contact the seller via a "request a Price" chat or via a "Contact the Seller" chat. If Dan is okay with a buyer contacting the seller to request a price, they should be okay with allowing a buyer to contact the seller to ask a question. Same damn thing, only better since it allows the seller to display the price AND open up a dialogue with the buyer -- which sometimes results in more sales. If a seller doesn't want to offer the "Contact the Seller" option they can just turn it off.
If you don’t like it there are other options. I don’t need or want the incessant spam and trolls you get on a regular contact form. And frankly anyone hell bent on contacting you can do so with your whois email. Its not that complicated.

FolioTeam

AMDB.tv
Impact
I doubt the price request will be via chat. I think it will be more like Afternic's ns3 and ns4 contact form.

Also, you don't have the buyer's info via the make offer option. You only get that info after they fail to pay.

But, if a buyer really wants to talk, they can easily use whois to contact you. Recently experienced this with a name that had a BIN with make offer option that was higher than what they offered via mail. I had to decline because my min offer was set for a reason

Last edited: