NameSilo

Where ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

StudioWorks

no one lives foreverVIP Member
Impact
Where, in your opinion, is the best place to sell a domain name and why ?

I would love to hear your opinions on this issue.

Regards,

Studio:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
StudioWorks said:
Where, in your opinion, is the best place to sell a domain name and why ?

Directly to relevant End users ... for maximum valuations $$$$, IMHO. :tu:
All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Of course, the next question is where to find the End users ? ;)

•••
That's exactly what I wanted to ask now :D

Thank you Jeff for your input :)

Regards,

•••
I would have to say the best way to sell your domains is by going to random computer forums and posting selling threads. Usually you'll find at least one person willing to pay your price. If not it usually helps to make your thread like an auction then it will pressure people and you'll get more money.

•••
dgaussin said:
Of course, the next question is where to find the End users ? ;)

Ah.
Google, Yahoo, MSN, and even Whois.sc, etc. ... let's practice on a few domains here in this thread, what do you say? :talk:
dgaussin, StudioWorks ... please post (if you wish) 2/3/4 domains each, those that you feel may have some End user potential, IMHO. We - everyone - can then post some links/leads for you to follow up on!

:lala:

This could be both educational -and- fun, I bet. :D
Thanks!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Hey Jeff, nice idea.

Well I will only post one becouse this is the only one I have that seams to be a little valuable.

The domain in question is canadianinvestments.net :)

I noticed a few days ago that the domain canadianinvestments.com is for sale on Afternic for 2400$ .

Cheers!

•••
StudioWorks said:
I noticed a few days ago that the domain canadianinvestments.com is for sale on Afternic for 2400$ .

That's simply an "Asking price", correct (and not actually a "sold" domain name)?!? :blink:
Will revisit on this in a moment.

For your domain: canadianinvestments.net

Link (from Google): http://www.canadianlawsite.com/investments.htm

^ Hurdle here may be both finding an really attractive End user potential -and- selling them on the ".NET", as well IMHO. :|
Let's try to find some more End users ...

Thanks!
B-)

•••
Oh, great idea Jeff... Let's have educationnal fun with Jeff here ;)

So, I think escapade.net could have some End users. I got some offers on Sedo, but not enough high.

But it could be hard to find end users for blogslave.com, could you ? ;)

•••
Hmmm ... to the owner's of "slaveblog.com", perhaps? :blink:
That one is a tuffy, I admit.

PS. I like "Escapade.net" ... how high have the offers been, what is your End user "Asking range", and who do you think might make for a suitable, relevant lead (we can compare notes)? :talk:
Thanks!
B-)

•••
I hope a high $xxx at least, maybe even a $xxxx for Escapade.net. The average appraisal for it here was mid $xxx. And I got offers for mid $xxx until now. I've no name about possible end users because I didn't try to find them ;) Too lazy until now..

•••
dgaussin said:
Too lazy until now..

:bingo:

Lesson #1, IMHO: Always be contacting potential End users ... consistently and every single day! :gl: :talk:

Now, let's see if we can find some ...
From Google (to start):
Link: http://www.escapade.org

Escapade, or ESP for short, is a server-side scripting language that provides an interface to back-end database contents. Easier to learn and faster to ...

Sound like a potential ".NET" (over an ".ORG") application to me! :tu:
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks again.
B-)

•••
Jeff said:
That's simply an "Asking price", correct (and not actually a "sold" domain name)?!? :blink:
Will revisit on this in a moment.

Yes Jeff, that is correct :)

•••
So, if I well learned my lesson from Pr. Jeff, if I want to sell a name, I have to google that to find some webpages related.

Let's try. I can see escapade.es too, maybe they could be interested in a more international extension ? And france-escapade.com for a short name ?..

Some advertisers for keyword 'escapade' on adword, is it a good idea to try to contact some of them ?..

For StudioWorks and canadianinvestments.net, I'd try to contact fidelity.ca, seems to be a big company in the good target, am I wrong ?..

•••
StudioWorks said:
Yes Jeff, that is correct :)

Okie, did you register it ... based upon seeing that "Asking price" at Afternic? :blink:
This is constructive, not critical ... I promise. :)

dgaussin said:
Let's try. I can see escapade.es too, maybe they could be interested in a more international extension ? And france-escapade.com for a short name ?..

Some advertisers for keyword 'escapade' on adword, is it a good idea to try to contact some of them ?..

:bingo:

Though none of this is exactly novel (and I hardly invented it (contacting relevant End users), it often gets overlooked due to our busy lives, other ventures, domaining, and so forth IMHO.
Bottom line: ALWAYS be contacting these potentials, in my view!

Let's do some more domains, anyone? :music:
WooHoo.
B-)

•••
I'd always wondered about contacting people about relevant domain names to sell them, but I rarely get a response, and it's usually like a week later.

Here's a name that I'd like to sell.. powersellers .org. Powersellers.com is for sale for 25k, and the owner isn't budging. I think I could get a decent amount, for this .org.

Last edited:
•••
Jeff said:
Okie, did you register it ... based upon seeing that "Asking price" at Afternic? :blink:
This is constructive, not critical ... I promise. :)

I dont know when canadianinvestments.com was posted for sale on Afternic.com but canadianinvestments.net was registered on 15 feb 2005. My answer to your question is : no :)

Regards,

•••
Jonathan said:
I think I could get a decent amount, for this .org.

Due to the ".COM" "Asking price" you mean, or otherwise? :talk:
Appreciate the input.

Link: http://www.e-powersellers.com

I think the ".ORG" here may prevent maximum potential, but link above may provide for a good start, IMHO.
Thanks, let's keep the thread rollin' folks! :talk:

'My answer to your question is : no" <<< Awesome! :tu:

Thanks too, Studio.
B-)

•••
•••
Jeff said:
Appreciate the input.
My thought on it is that the .COM is so expensive that I'd be able to get someone with a smaller budget.

Thanks for the links, Jeff and David. I'll probably contact both of those sites.

•••
Jonathan said:
Jeff said:
Appreciate the input.
My thought on it is that the .COM is so expensive that I'd be able to get someone with a smaller budget.

That's a risky game, IMHO ... because you are essentially banking on TWO things to have to occur, the eventual sale of the ".COM" (and for a hefty price), and then the subsequent sale of your similar ".ORG" domain name, in my view. Heck, it's hard enough to sell (or even witness) one domain likeness sales, let alone hoping for two (and in a lesser extension). Can you see where I'm headed? :guilty:
Just my two sense, naturally.
B-)

dgaussin said:
Maybe guys from www.auction-sellers-resource.com/ products/powerseller.shtml too ? Because they have the product, the name, but not the good url ;)

:kickass:

•••
Jeff said:
That's a risky game, IMHO ... because you are essentially banking on TWO things to have to occur, the eventual sale of the ".COM" (and for a hefty price), and then the subsequent sale of your similar ".ORG" domain name, in my view. Heck, it's hard enough to sell (or even witness) one domain likeness sales, let alone hoping for two (and in a lesser extension). Can you see where I'm headed? :guilty:
Just my two sense, naturally.
B-)
I see what you're saying, but what I'm really banking on is.. someone not being able to afford the .COM and going with the .ORG instead, since they'll be able to get it for a lot less than 25k.

I appreciate your comments. :tu:

•••
Jonathan said:
I see what you're saying, but what I'm really banking on is.. someone not being able to afford the .COM and going with the .ORG instead, since they'll be able to get it for a lot less than 25k.

I see what you're saying, as well :) ... I don't know how often it occurs that folks actually get outpriced for a ".COM" and instead pay for an ".ORG" for their needs, IMHO. But that's, too, why domain names are so great ... one just never knows, and a buyer could be just around the corner, money in hand, for any of our domain names! :lala:

Good stuff, thanks again Jonathan.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
But that's, too, why domain names are so great ... one just never knows, and a buyer could be just around the corner, money in hand, for any of our domain names! :lala:

Good stuff, thanks again Jonathan.
-Jeff B-)

RIGHT ON! :kickass:

•••
The best place to sell a domain names would be to go to various forums and advertise your domain and sell to the highest bidder

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back