Domain Empire

Where to sell my domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all.Where is the best place to advertise the domains you have for sale?What is the best strategy to promote them?I'm mainly interested in selling high profile/premium domains,and finding the right buyers seems like a daunting task.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
piraulos0 said:
Hello all.Where is the best place to advertise the domains you have for sale?What is the best strategy to promote them?I'm mainly interested in selling high profile/premium domains,and finding the right buyers seems like a daunting task.

If your names are truly 'high profile/premium', buyers will find you in many cases. It's just a waiting game. But for most names, three good places I know of are Sedo.com, Afternic.com, GreatDomains.com (they pick & choose).

You can also do some creative marketing by direct mail, phone, etc to companies who 'fit' your domains.

Gene

•••
I agree with Gene. Those are the best places if your names are very high profile. Otherwise, you can try Ebay or Forums for more mediocre names.

•••
HI

I agree with Gene, he really has covered most of the bases... but yes I would list them on afternic and sedo and you may also want to try and get them listed on GreatDomains...

Also depending the prices you are looking to get for the domain try posting them on ebay and put a reserve on them and also list them in the 3 major domain name forums..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
Thanks for your replies.I already use the 3 big sale sites you mentioned.I have thought about marketing some of my domains myself,sending emails to potential buyers that may be interested.But i'm not sure if that approach could be considered spamming.

Btw what are the 3 major domain forums?The only big one that i know is this.

•••
I have had almost no luck selling my names on these listing sites. Almost all sales has been people looking me up and whois and contacting me

•••
I won't begin to promote other Domain name forums than this one, but if you want to know where else I hang out - PM me.

As for contacting potential end-users directly, I wouldn't consider it spamming, unless you don't properly target your potential users and send out 50,000 emails... that's UCE / SPAM!

Rob

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back