Dynadot

advice Where to Backorder Domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have tried to register for an account on Namejet to backorder a domain but after nearly 3 weeks my account is still not active. Can anyone recommend another service to use?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It took them almost a month to set up my new account. This was a few months ago. It required several emails and a phone call or two. If you keep at it, they'll come through. It just takes a while. Unfortunately, the names that I wanted to backorder dropped in the meantime.

•••
I finally managed to get it activated! :xf.smile:

•••
The best place to backorder domains is at DropCatch.com. FOR SURE.

•••
The best place to backorder domains is at DropCatch.com. FOR SURE.
Sadly there are chances to get outbid by others if name is good.

•••
•••
It's like that at every auction house. Even at NameJet :(
private and public auction make a difference.
If you look at dropcatch, youll that most domains are bought by people who did not backordered...

•••
private and public auction make a difference.
If you look at dropcatch, youll that most domains are bought by people who did not backordered...

Yep. I mis-spoke there :(

•••
I hope catch.club will launch soon.

•••
I hope catch.club will launch soon.

Haven't heard of that one before. If I read correct it is just a service that places the backorder on your behalf on multiple platforms. Which might still go to auction. So what's the gain? To avoid multiple logins on different platforms?

•••
Haven't heard of that one before. If I read correct it is just a service that places the backorder on your behalf on multiple platforms. Which might still go to auction. So what's the gain? To avoid multiple logins on different platforms?

As far I see they use many smaller catchers which I never heard about, so if I have a budget of 20 USD for a domain, they may be able to get the domain with a higher chance.

•••
see they use many smaller catchers which I never heard about

That sounds interesting. Will have to re-read what they say.

so if I have a budget of 20 USD for a domain, they may be able to get the domain with a higher chance.

Now that's the ideal. Ideal is for it to be caught before one of the big ones and avoid going to auction.

•••
As far I see they use many smaller catchers which I never heard about

I cannot see where it says that on their website?

Also, what is with all these restrictions:

Since the caught domains are scattered through hundreds of registrars, we will manage the domain for you for the first 60 days. Then the domain will be delivered to your account for full control.

Domains can be managed via an A record in your CATCH.CLUB account directly, regardless of where the domain is registered after the catch.

Whois will be updated automatically 66 days after the domain delivery. For the first 60 days we will run trustee service for your domain.

:spiderman:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back