Dynadot

advice Where can I get domains for 99c?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Are there any coupons or any sites where I can get new domains for 99 cents?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And of course, the big option:
Search Google!

•••
If you like to play Russian Roulette with your domains and don't value your sanity, you can always try 1and1. ;)

•••
sounds good, why are they so bad?

•••
sounds good, why are they so bad?
Well, I don't want to say outright that they are so bad, it's just that so many people have had problems with them that it's hard to recommend them in any way.

Lots of people have had stress and problems that you don't always have at other registrars. Getting billed for services, renewals, etc., long after they have left them. Not being able to transfer their domains away, or having a hard and long time doing it plus many more.

There are also a lot of people that will not buy a domain from you if 1and1 is the registrar, so it hurts sales.

•••
Great info I liked your post

•••
Great info I liked your post
Thanks you.

Do some Google searches on them and bad experiences, you will be shocked at how often it happens.

You can also check a site for the lowest reg fees called domcomp.com. They show most of the more known registrars but they still have 1and1 since they go by price, not reputation. Great site for checking other domain extensions too.

Google "Cheap Domains" or "Cheap Domain Registration" and they show some of the lower priced there. Just do some checking before you choose one.

Good Luck

•••
Don't forget that a .com domain costs approx. $8. This is what the registrars pay the registry (Verisign) then they have to make a margin on that.
When a registrars sells at a loss there are limitations and possible caveats.

•••
Don't forget that a .com domain costs approx. $8. This is what the registrars pay the registry (Verisign) then they have to make a margin on that.
When a registrars sells at a loss there are limitations and possible caveats.
True, this is why I partially understand why GD is always trying to sell upgrades and add-ons. They have to make their money back and then some in one way or another.

It would be nice to know what the +/- profit is for money made on their coupon regs, including add-on services/etc. and domains being renewed the following year for whatever reason, including sold domains that were renewed by the new buyers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back