Dynadot

question When do you "give up" on certain keywords in your portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
This is not a "what domains do you dump?" question.

We can be honest here. Every now and then we hear a new trend or tech or whatever on Namepros or in the news and many of us think it's a "Gold rush" so everyone starts to reg all the .com's and then FOMO hits and as the numbers increases the increase in regs begets more regs.

But after a year the trend fades or flat lines completely. At what point do you start dropping domains from your portfolio where the keyword is no longer "trendy" but is still a "thing" but just no as much.

I base mine on keeping track of how many domains did get registered and how many after 6 months or a year gets dropped.

I also check the monthly keyword searches for the keyword that I'm "questioning" in my domains.

but even then if a keyword is generic enough would you feel confident in it to keep the domain?

I have four keywords right now that I was "confident" before but it seems the "staying power" has fade.

Many of us don't like deleting domains because of "pride" and feeling stupid for registering. So many continue to keep the domain in the "hopes" it gets sold "one day". Even though no one will ever know you actually registered it. lol

you guys are probably curious what the keywords are so here.

IOE
Haptic
VRPC
PCVR

If you remember certain keywords you "gave up" on. Feel free to share also. I'm curious of what these keywords were or are. Thanks.

Did any of them (the keywords not the domains you deleted) at some point actually sell and can be seen on Namebio?

Your experience with something like this is also appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If a fad has come and gone.

If it has become outdated tech.

Probably more situations but those are two I tend to think lead people to drop a domain name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back