Domain Empire

When can I receive the payment from Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
I sold my first domain on Afternic last week. The domain has been transfered to the buyer. It shows that Transfer Complete, and Est. Payout Date: Apr 14, 2017.
I have sent message to TA agent and send email to support on 4/13, and no respond for 5 days. Horrible customer support. Sedo is much better, they will reply in about 24 hours.
Let's guess when can I receive the payment from afternic? Maybe next month I think.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
omg, when can I get my money

Last edited:
•••
If it was through premium network it should be 8 days, if it was a standard sale usually 6 days or so, but having easter in this weekend I suppose that there will be some delays.

•••
Good luck, same thing happened to me. Except I sold my name LAST month and still haven't been paid.

•••
Having the same problem. Est. Payout Date: Apr 9, 2017. Still no payment.

•••
Having the same problem. Est. Payout Date: Apr 9, 2017. Still no payment.
I've emailed 3 times recently in the last week or so with zero response. Considering pulling all my names from Afternic after this.

•••
After my post above I received 2 emails from 2 separate people from Afternic literally right after I clicked Post Reply.

The 2nd one said:

"Hello,

The transaction has not been completed. Once the seller takes possession of the domain, we will initiate payout."

Why would the seller take possession of the domain name? I am the seller, shouldn't it read buyer? Even though I have sent multiple emails with all sorts of proof and had the buyer also contact them to say he now owns this name I still won't get paid?

•••
Is there an Afternic representative on this forum that we can contact? I sold a domain 2 weeks ago, pushed it to Afternic's escrow acccount 12 days ago, and they still haven't pushed it to the buyer, and I have no idea when I will receive payment. This is an unacceptable level of service. Why is it taking 12+ days to push a domain from one Dynadot account to another? Why doesn't Afternic do like Sedo and some others, and release payment as soon as THEY have control of the domain? Same situation here: sent email to support, no response.

•••
Is there an Afternic representative on this forum that we can contact? I sold a domain 2 weeks ago, pushed it to Afternic's escrow acccount 12 days ago, and they still haven't pushed it to the buyer, and I have no idea when I will receive payment. This is an unacceptable level of service. Why is it taking 12+ days to push a domain from one Dynadot account to another? Why doesn't Afternic do like Sedo and some others, and release payment as soon as THEY have control of the domain? Same situation here: sent email to support, no response.

I think this means:

-They haven't received/verified the payment from the buyer so they dont push/transfer to them.

Perhaps @Joe Styler can clarify.

Keep us informed please.

Thanks

•••
•••
I think this means:

-They haven't received/verified the payment from the buyer so they dont push/transfer to them.

Perhaps @Joe Styler can clarify.

Keep us informed please.

Thanks

I think the buyer's payment was good. When I got an agent on the phone, she said that "This particular buyer needs some extra hand holding because they don't know how to receive the domain name in their account." She said to wait until Friday (this was last Monday) and to contact them back if payment still hasn't been scheduled. My thing is that it does not take 12 days (or 8 business days) to push a domain name. They could have put the domain in an envelope and mailed it and it would have been received faster (just kidding). Then when you email them to find out where is your payment, they ignore you. Ridiculous!

•••
I received this email from Afternic this morning (this is day 13):

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is Afternic's policy to release funds to the seller once the buyer has received control of the domain name. Typically buyer's will action the transfer quickly in order to complete the transaction but this buyer is taking a bit longer than anticipated. We have been in contact with the buyer and have provided instructions to complete the transfer. We will continue to work to fulfill this sale and get you your funds as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
XXX

Thoughts:

1. "... but it is Afternic's policy to release funds to the seller once the buyer has received control of the domain name"

It is because of a situation like this that Afternic needs to change their policy. There is no reason for them to hold payment when they have control of the name. You don't make your sellers wait an unreasonable period of time to get paid because buyers are having difficulty receiving domain pushes. Sellers are the ones paying the commissions, which helps fund Afternic's operation, and they should never be inconvenienced like this.

2. . We have been in contact with the buyer and have provided instructions to complete the transfer.

I still don't understand why this transfer would take 13 days! I have sold domains to buyers who new nothing about transfers or account pushes, and in cases like that I would send instructions, but I would also get on the phone and walk the buyer through the process if needed. That would take 15-20 minutes at most. I just wonder if Afternic is not making this buyer's transfer a priority. I know if I bought a domain and it took 13 days and counting for me to receive it, I would not be happy.

•••
I just sold a domain 10 days ago, I have transfer the domain to afternic's account. They just do nothing and the domain seems has expired. I really worried about this transaction, I sent email and no reply. I think afternic only have several employees and always on holiday

•••
•••
Let me know the domain.

My domain is kindcare.org

Received this email today. Looks like I will be getting paid no time soon.

"The domain is being transferred to a GoDaddy.com customer, and we were waiting for them to purchase a transfer so we could initiate the registrar change. If you need further assistance concerning this transaction, you may be better served contacting the Transaction Assurance Team directly at [email protected]. This is the team that handles buyer and seller transaction once a domain has sold or been purchased. You may also reach them by calling 866-351-9586 and selecting option "4" (Escrow)."

•••
Looks like the domain landed here today. I would assume you are being paid shortly now that the transaction is completed. Typically if the buyer does not accept the domain they bought the team helps stay on top of things to make the transaction complete. Sorry about the delay here.

•••
I just sold a domain 10 days ago, I have transfer the domain to afternic's account. They just do nothing and the domain seems has expired. I really worried about this transaction, I sent email and no reply. I think afternic only have several employees and always on holiday
Can you PM me the name of the domain and I will have someone check into it on our side?

•••
Its better to call than to email...

•••
Can you PM me the name of the domain and I will have someone check into it on our side?
The sales agent reply me today and the transfer has completed, I think there is no problem now.

•••
I just sold my first domain on Afternic on January 28 and the transfer was completed a few days ago. So, Status is "Complete" but Payout Date is "Not scheduled" and Transfer Type is "MANUAL" (I have set up to have bank wire transfer to non-US bank account). Does "MANUAL" mean I still need to take some sort of action? Thanks.

•••
I just sold my first domain on Afternic on January 28 and the transfer was completed a few days ago. So, Status is "Complete" but Payout Date is "Not scheduled" and Transfer Type is "MANUAL" (I have set up to have bank wire transfer to non-US bank account). Does "MANUAL" mean I still need to take some sort of action? Thanks.

Afternic will schedule the payment to you once the possibility of charge back has expired, i think its approx 7 days, hope that helps.

•••
Afternic will schedule the payment to you once the possibility of charge back has expired, i think its approx 7 days, hope that helps.
Nice to see you again, noonoo1. BTW, what does "MANUAL" mean? There must also be "AUTOMATIC", right?

•••
Nice to see you again, noonoo1. BTW, what does "MANUAL" mean? There must also be "AUTOMATIC", right?
Manual means that somebody in the finance department within Afteric has to process the payment.

•••
Afternic payout not received almost 7 days after the scheduled date. Any idea what I can do?

•••
email service@afternic dot com and give them your domain name that sold and the username of your account and they will provide you with an update. Most of the time it is related to your payee not being set up correctly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back