IT.COM

Dedicated IP's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MDA

Established Member
Impact
Does anybody know what's a good price for a dedicated US ip?

Godaddy offers them for $3 per month. Is there a better price out there?

Also is it possible to buy dedicate IP's from one hosting provider and use them with another?

I need about 200 dedicated US IP's. Do you think buying this many would qualify me for a discount? And is it possible for a single hosting company to provide IP's from more than one class?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
Well i myself am into the hosting business for over 4 years now.
With yphost.com , we basically offer dedicated IPs for $2 each
$3 also seems to be a fair price.

200 dedi IPs would cost more than a dedicated server.
May i ask you why you require so many IPs?
Please share a bit more details.

Last edited:
•••
I'm also wondering why you would need so many IPs :)
You may want to apply to become a LIR instead.

•••
sdsinc said:
I'm also wondering why you would need so many IPs :)
You may want to apply to become a LIR instead.
what does LIR mean?
i am just wondering :)

•••
Thanks for replying guys. :)

I need the IP's for SEO. Since the sites will be linked between them I think it may make a difference if the IP's are different.

I thought about becoming a LIR sdsinc, but as I said the IP's have to be from ARIN (the RIR for America) and I'm in Europe.

LIR stands for Local Internet Registry and is typically an ISP. I hope that helps yphost.

Please explain why 200 dedicated IP's bought in bulk would cost more than 200 purchases of 1 dedicated IP.

•••
•••
I haven't received your PM yet...
please resend.

•••
PM sent again yphost. Plese let me know if you don't get this one either.

•••
LOL...i got this one:D
any ways...i offered you what i can....
let me know as soon as possible if you choose to go with us.

•••
You do know that you have to host the sites with who ever you get them from, as you can not get IPs from one of the ones offering you them and then use them with another hosting company.

•••
Yes, that's the point, you can't buy IP's from one host and use them with another host's plan. Why can't you buy them from your host?
As an alternative check RIPE.net.

•••
For SEO, these need to be IPs from different C-Blocks, right?

•••
Correct, it would better for the addresses to be as different as possible, but that would be difficult and quite expensive since it would mean buying from many different providers. Do you know of any hosting company that can provide IP's from different classes?

I know the sites have to be hosted by the IP's provider, unless you have provider independent addresses. However, I don't know what the ARIN policies regarding PI address allocation are. Do you think it would be possible for someone without a legal presence in the area to be allocated provider independent addresses by ARIN?

•••
Check PM,

Forgot to mention they will be US IPs

•••
what would you use a dedicated IP for? (I'm a newbie)

•••
For sites. As far as I understand he wants to make network of websites for linkexchange or something like that. so he needs different IPs for them.

•••
•••
•••
My host provides them for me for $1 extra. Some places even offer for $0.50.
Don't host @ GoDaddy, fool. >_<;

•••
We have a reseller over at fdc who we have worked with for over a year, he gives unlimited free ip's as long as you have a need for them, and if you request the ip's at different times you will get blocks of ip's in different areas.

He also gives great prices and we yet to have had any problems with any of our servers with him, you can PM me for his contact information if you wish.

•••
Number one, you're simply not going to find a host who is willing to give 200 IPs out to you for such a cheap price. IPs do cost and each and everyone has to have a justifiable use.

Number two, we need to clear up this urban legend that you need IPs on different class C blocks to have SEO. This is nonsense. With all due respect, I see some scary information in this thread.

You don't need 200 different IPs.

•••
Ultimately it's impossible to tell for certain whether hosting on different C class IP's makes a difference, since nobody knows how google works but google.

But I do see evidence that it might help search engine placement, and since search engine marketing is a vital part of my company's strategy, all I can do is cover all the bases.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that different C class hosting is a good idea, since I myself don't believe that to be the case in most circumstances. I'm simply trying to get some hosting suggestions for my project.

•••
I'm just trying to save you so money and time here. Number one, you're not going to find anyone here that will truly sell you 200 IPs. You cannot just purchase IPs from one provider and use them at another. I'm a bit ashamed of some of the posts made in this thread to be perfectly honest. Each one of these IPs have to be justified for use and you're not getting 200 IPs because you want a different IP for each site.

I'm just trying to dispell this ongoing rumor that each site needs its own IP. I can see wanting to split them up, but I cannot see 200 different IPs by any stretch of the imagination. Google doesn't just rely on IP numbers in its site placement for that matter.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't like to see people fall victim to rumors and hosts that just want to make a buck.

•••
Internet Concierge said:
We have a reseller over at fdc who we have worked with for over a year, he gives unlimited free ip's as long as you have a need for them, and if you request the ip's at different times you will get blocks of ip's in different areas.

He also gives great prices and we yet to have had any problems with any of our servers with him, you can PM me for his contact information if you wish.

I was about to recommend that also, it's the only DC that allows that ;)

•••
If you need 200 IP's you are going to need VPS or dedicated plan, I presume, to host all the sites within one or a few plans?
Also is it possible to buy dedicate IP's from one hosting provider and use them with another? [/url]
No, that's not the usual practice, IP's are bought either from your host or from organizations like RIPE.net.
If you buy IP's from the third-party organizations like RIPE, make sure your host will be able to set them up.
Look at semi-dedicated plans from webhostingbuzz.com, you can contact thehost to inquire about the number of IP's you need.
http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/website-hosting.shtml?host_semi-dedicated-hosting
Also myriadnetwork.com VPS will allow to to host 200 sites
http://www.myriadnetwork.com/services/hosting.php

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back