IT.COM

news When a Generic Domain Doesn’t Match the Company's Offerings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
As some of you know, in 2003 I got into the bobblehead business by leveraging my Internet marketing expertise, which at the time got FadToys.com to rank in the top search results for ‘bobbleheads.’ Paid Search in those days was GoTo.com (which became Overture and than acquired by Yahoo) where I got qualified traffic for literally pennies and paid inclusion (remember Inktomi) where I paid $15 per URL per year to get indexed organically…those were the days!!!
This week the bobblehead “bat phone” rang and I got extremely excited as the caller ID displayed CottonCandyCom; many thoughts flew threw my head in the two seconds it took me to answer the phone and of course pull up the domain before I even said “Hello…”
I personally do NOT understand how CottonCandy.com does not offer cotton candy?? For heaven’s sake do a joint-venture with a cotton candy manufacturer and put some qualified traffic to good use!! Or maybe use CottonCandyPromos.com (available for hand registration) for your promo business and launch a cotton candy business on CottonCandy.com..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back