IT.COM

question What's your preferred method for verifying SEDO domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
Those who are using a lot of different registrars, nameservers and marketplaces, how do you usually like to verify a SEDO listing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In addition to TXT record (which applied alone does not work sometimes with Sedo) , it's best to point out servers to them, wait for 20 min, apply names, successfully have them listed, and put nameservers back anywhere you like.

•••
I just add TXT record to verify my ownership
Sometimes it takes days , usually it takes minutes

•••
Yeah, my advice with sedo is set the txt BEFORE adding the domain to sedo (and give it 5 minutes to propagate), because if sedo tries to validate and fails, there seems to be a huge lag in the backoff before it picks up the new record. My recommendation overall is to set the default DNS records at your registrar to the validation records for sedo/afternic/dan, push them through, and only after that, set the name servers towards your preferred lander

•••
I wish they would implement an NS3 verification option

I don't have my nameservers with any registrar, so the TXT/Cname options won't work without changing nameservers to the registrar, waiting, and then changing ns back to where my default ns is set. A lot of unnecessary work just to list on sedo

Last edited:
•••
I prefer to add the TXT record to the DNS configurations of the domain instead of changing the nameservers.

It is a good method and that way you don't need to touch in the nameservers.

•••
I wish they would implement an NS3 verification option

I don't have my nameservers with any registrar, so the TXT/Cname options won't work without changing nameservers to the registrar, waiting, and then changing ns back to where my default ns is set. A lot of unnecessary work just to list on sedo
I strongly agree here; Sedo adding an NS3 validation option would cut a lot of steps out of my workflow.

•••
Yeah, my advice with sedo is set the txt BEFORE adding the domain to sedo (and give it 5 minutes to propagate), because if sedo tries to validate and fails, there seems to be a huge lag in the backoff before it picks up the new record. My recommendation overall is to set the default DNS records at your registrar to the validation records for sedo/afternic/dan, push them through, and only after that, set the name servers towards your preferred lander
Exactly this. I add sedo parking name servers before adding a name to Sedo. It usually takes 5 mins at most. once verify switch back to normal nameservers. Previously this would take almost a day to verify,

Last edited:
•••
I agree that Sedo should implement a third name server option as not all registrars have bulk update for TXT

Last edited:
•••
•••
My method has never fail, first remove your domain privacy, second.. change the namesevers to sedoparking

Nothing like delay..one second..

•••
•••
Take screenshot & reply the email they sent first for verification after listing

•••
I use the TXT verification method which works well for me as long as I make the TXT DNS records at my registrar before I actually list the names at Sedo.

I typically list at all of Afternic, Dan and Sedo and I do all of the verifications using TXT records at the outset. Depending on registrar, I also use the Dynadot TXT verification if I want to add it to their now open marketplace, and my SH if I am going to add to my white label marketplace there.

By using a registrar that allows you to set up so that new registrations (and transfer if you wish) have all TXT verifications set automatically, I find it pretty painless. I have done that at Dynadot for some time, and now Spaceship supports it as well. With NameSilo I have my 4 defined as a group, so it is relatively easy there too. For registrars I just use now and then, I have my TXT verifications in a spreadsheet so easy to copy and paste.

Then after verification I switch the nameservers to the lander of my choice.

Bob

•••
I use TXT record verification. Usually gets verified real time (or within minutes).

I dont like changing nameservers. Using your own saves plenty of time which is invaluable.

I sometimes switch when I get enquiries at dan or sedo to save on their cut though.

Last edited:
•••
When I acquire a new domain, here's what I do:

> Change DNS to ns1.sedoparking.com + ns2.sedoparking.com
> Add domain to Afternic (add additional ns3 verification if necessary)
> Add domain to DAN (add additional ns3 verification if necessary)
> Wait three days
> Add domain to Sedo and check to ensure domain is added to portfolio
> Change DNS to ns1.dan.com + ns2.dan.com (in my case) or whatever you want the DNS to be

•••
Nameserver with privacy removed. For some strange reason - I am tool lazy to do the other methods. Go figure

•••
I strongly agree here; Sedo adding an NS3 validation option would cut a lot of steps out of my workflow.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your input and understand the convenience of a third name server validation. The implementation of a third name server validation at Sedo is currently not planned.

Should there be any changes in the future in the planning regarding name server validation, we will promptly inform you.If you need further information or help, you can contact our support directly ([email protected]).

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
I have my Dynadot account linked to my Sedo account so I just directly list from Dynadot, no verification needed with this method.

Can also use it to list on Afternic and Dynadot's marketplace from the same place, no need to log into all three sites just Dynadot once the account link is set up.

It also enables fast transfer on Sedo and Afternic automatically so it skips that step as well.

Only downside is you can only do this once the domain is 60 days old

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back