NameSilo

discuss What's your domain "thing"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
What I mean is, is there a personal rule that you follow or have implemented into your domaining journey? And you stick to it, no matter what? Perhaps its a certain criteria for what or how you buy or sell. Maybe a strict rule of only sticking to .com or new gTLDs. Or something more unique, something not likely adopted by the masses. Perhaps your domain thing is focusing solely on certain niches or trends, and moving on when things become crowded and over-saturated. Maybe you have a thing for certain numbers, ccTLD hacks, emojis or LLLL dot-whatevers? Is your domain thing that you never, ever do business on the 13'th of the month, or you will absolutely unequivocally only buy domains that have the letter "e"?

Whatever your domain thing is, if you care to share, I think it'd be great to see the diversity, or commonality, of what some of our absolutes are when it comes to domaining. And be great to provide an explanation as to why it's your domain "thing".

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My domain name thing is --- "innovative domain names keeps me crazy. I love creative domain names and ideation process, they give me an opportunity to think about new business areas that others are not aware. I have a business development plan for every single domain that I own and I sell few of them to generate cash flow."
Love that passion! Having a development plan for every domain is quite ambitious, but can be rewarding if done right.
On a side, welcome to NP, and nice username choice too. Makes me think a dot-ji extension would be kind of cool.

•••
Love that passion! Having a development plan for every domain is quite ambitious, but can be rewarding if done right.
On a side, welcome to NP, and nice username choice too. Makes me think a dot-ji extension would be kind of cool.
Thanks Mate. I also own NameJi.com; I will get started on this project soon. innovative ideas or problem statements are welcome. Though I have development for majority of my domains I prefer working one at a time in priority order.

•••
What's your domain "thing"?

What I mean is, is there a personal rule that you follow or have implemented into your domaining journey? And you stick to it, no matter what? Perhaps its a certain criteria for what or how you buy or sell. Maybe a strict rule of only sticking to .com or new gTLDs. Or something more unique, something not likely adopted by the masses. Perhaps your domain thing is focusing solely on certain niches or trends, and moving on when things become crowded and over-saturated. Maybe you have a thing for certain numbers, ccTLD hacks, emojis or LLLL dot-whatevers? Is your domain thing that you never, ever do business on the 13'th of the month, or you will absolutely unequivocally only buy domains that have the letter "e"?

Whatever your domain thing is, if you care to share, I think it'd be great to see the diversity, or commonality, of what some of our absolutes are when it comes to domaining. And be great to provide an explanation as to why it's your domain "thing".
🚩

Great topiccc

Yes, I have a personal rule that I followww
It is the rule to not give up in reaching the toppp
I have (also) implemented this rule into my domaining journeyyy
I stick to it, no matter whattt
So its definitely a strict rule of sticking to domain names that have valuccc
They are ultra unique, so something not adopted by the massesss
Surely my domain thing is focusing solely on the top and continue with it, no matter if things become crowded and over saturateddd
I have a thing for the word top in sense of highest because top (highest) is top (highest) and will always be toppp
No matter if highest auction, highest bid, highest sale or highest whatever - it will always be the highesttt
My domain thing is that I never, ever do business with domains that have no valueee
I will absolutely unequivocally only buy / hold / sell domain names that are valuableee

This is my domain thing I cared to share, I think it's great to see the diversity, or commonality, of what some of our absolutes are when it comes to domaininggg
And it was great to provide the explanation as to why it's my domain thing yeahhh

In one sentence, it's all about (top = highest) valuccc

Last edited:
•••
Mine is consolidating every domain to the 30th December. That is the date all my renewals each year come due which is a lot easier to track and know what the costs will be ahead of time.

•••
Mine is consolidating every domain to the 30th December. That is the date all my renewals each year come due which is a lot easier to track and know what the costs will be ahead of time.

how do you do that?! you only reg domains on 30th Dec?

•••
how do you do that?! you only reg domains on 30th Dec?

I can reg/transfer anytime. I have a premium account with Godaddy who look after me so basically anytime I get a new domain, I will manually consolidate it to the 30th Dec of the same year. The fees for registration are prorata which works out the same.

All my domains expire 30th Dec 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 etc.

Last edited:
•••
1) no more experimenting with ngtld's. Yeah there is money out there, but .com, .org and .nets are safer investments.

2) no more wasting time with brandables.

3) trends are fun for a few names, but get a dozen and walk away. I see people with 300 crypto or canna or VR or similiar domains and yet not make one sale.

My sentiments exactly. After a few months of experimenting, I'm pretty much sticking with two-word .coms now.

•••
I have a thing for the word top in sense of highest because top (highest) is top (highest) and will always be toppp
Top-notch, Illuminati. Your passion and commitment for the (dot)top is admirable to say the least. Although some might say it's slightly over-the-top, we're never left in the dark with what your "thing" is.

Interesting strategy- thanks for sharing. Never have a renewal sneak up on you, that's for sure. I'd imagine makes for easier planning on trimming your portfolio, as you can have a massive name comparison with everything side-by-side at the same time. Must a wallet crunch come November for you though, but as you say you get the whole year to prepare for it.

I've picked up some aftermarket domains over the years with "odd" expiry dates (differing from their reg date), now I know why! You don't have to have a premium account with GD to consolidate dates. Nice little feature they have, I always end up moving the expiry dates to match their reg dates.

•••
You don't have to have a premium account with GD to consolidate dates. Nice little feature they have, I always end up moving the expiry dates to match their reg dates.

I didn't know about this and agree that it's a nice feature.

•••
I can reg/transfer anytime. I have a premium account with Godaddy who look after me so basically anytime I get a new domain, I will manually consolidate it to the 30th Dec of the same year. The fees for registration are prorata which works out the same.

All my domains expire 30th Dec 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 etc.

I did not even realize this was possible. So they pro-rate the annual renewal fee? Do you know if any other registrars do this for big portfolios?

•••
What I mean is, is there a personal rule that you follow or have implemented into your domaining journey? And you stick to it, no matter what?

Hi

yes, I have rules for self

don't believe the hype
get it from the horse
question, what's questionable
and be who I am

;)

imo….

•••
I did not even realize this was possible. So they pro-rate the annual renewal fee? Do you know if any other registrars do this for big portfolios?

It makes things much easier, yes. I'm only aware of GoDaddy that offer consolidation service but there may be others.

•••
So they pro-rate the annual renewal fee?
Yep it's pro-rated.

Hi

yes, I have rules for self

don't believe the hype
get it from the horse
question, what's questionable
and be who I am

;)

imo….
Rules for self
Truly reflected
On your posts throughout
Not in stealth
Never a whisper
But always a shout.

•••
work smart - not hard!

divide mistakes into two types:

1. areas where you know there is a problem
2. areas where there is a problem but you don't know what it is yet (unknowns).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back