Dynadot

discuss What's wrong with this name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
ok need hand here

got gd offer ..lowball on this lately.. so that's how by pure chance I.saw it's not resolving for me... so I email dyna..they said it resolves..but I need to.check with bodis..so I email bodis..they say works.fine... still for me I get error..see.pic..

can u guys see if it.works for ya?

I run latest android plus chrome..didnt check all my 1k names..but others seem work

all u techies.. u think its device.related? if so.many others can also be unable to.view this page?

bitcoinlatestnews.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Displays fine on iphone west coast

•••
well I mean u know.. I have like 1k names..i didnt. click em all but most work for me.im but from what I understand here ... even if work for me..or u... it.may be blocked in 50 other countries
..isps..etc...

so all in all if.we.took.all domains in world and all visitors...I'd say maybe what..20 or 30percent of our potential buyers never get to our landers.. good.guess?

This domain not resolving is something YOU or someone that had access to the DNS records did.

•••
This domain not resolving is something YOU or someone that had access to the DNS records did.

I don't touch ds and stuff.. just put all.regs on bodis and leave forever

but my regs all from expired...maybe prev owner

so u are saying there are ways to fix all our names so everyone alsays sees lander? how?

I mean people.here talk about ISP blocked
...country blocked.. are u saying all this.can be undone?

•••
•••
I don't touch ds and stuff.. just put all.regs on bodis and leave forever

but my regs all from expired...maybe prev owner

so u are saying there are ways to fix all our names so everyone alsays sees lander? how?

I mean people.here talk about ISP blocked
...country blocked.. are u saying all this.can be undone?
This specific domain is an issue you can fix. This has nothing to do with ISP blocks etc. Clear ALL dns settings, reset all to default,

•••
This specific domain is an issue you can fix. This has nothing to do with ISP blocks etc. Clear ALL dns settings, reset all to default,

any idea how to do all this on dyna? I know sav has nice simple del ds record option...cause once my xyz wasn't working.. but on dyna its diff..and I'm kinda noob come ds records.. dns etc.. I just know how to set it to bodis lol

also curious why u say this one can be fixed... does it mean some cannot and is my guess 20 to 30percent of.our visitors across world never get to.see our landers for so many possile blocks..restrictions etc?

Last edited:
•••
If you don't know how to edit your DNS at your registrar, you should contact their support and ask them to kindly remove the DS record for that domain. You can check if they have removed it a) in whois, or b) by querying DNS with dig.

Current info from whois for the domain you mentioned (Updated Date: 2021-05-28T08:06:07Z):

DNSSEC: signedDelegation
DNSSEC DS Data: 5584 13 2 B3EF78EC0D8BAA8402343EC92F41CCD6360BD84F31F81A3B43E075D951188087

Current info with dig:

$ dig +short ds bitcoinlatestnews.com
5584 13 2 B3EF78EC0D8BAA8402343EC92F41CCD6360BD84F31F81A3B43E075D9 51188087

More reports from people that it is working or not working for them are not necessary. It's something only OP can fix. This issue happens more often when a domain with (DNSSEC) history gets transferred or pushed without cleaning the legacy DNS settings for the domain. You will experience it sometimes for one or a few domains in your portfolio, not for all of them.

Last edited:
•••
Is it down confirms - its a server issue

is DOWN
It is not just you. The server is not responding..

•••
Is it down confirms - its a server issue

is DOWN
It is not just you. The server is not responding..
Please do not spread misinformation, thank you.

•••
Please do not spread misinformation, thank you.
I had a problem trying to post (and was checking with my vpn to see if it was an IP issue). I am not spreading misinformation as is it down says its a server problem, but I can see that is not the correct solution as I had a problem posting and I didnt manage to read some of the other posts above. If its a DS problem then yeah, the OP just needs to point them in the right direction.

•••
•••
If you don't know how to edit your DNS at your registrar, you should contact their support and ask them to kindly remove the DS record for that domain. You can check if they have removed it a) in whois, or b) by querying DNS with dig.

Current info from whois for the domain you mentioned (Updated Date: 2021-05-28T08:06:07Z):

Current info with dig:

More reports from people that it is working or not working for them are not necessary. It's something only OP can fix. This issue happens more often when a domain with (DNSSEC) history gets transferred or pushed without cleaning the legacy DNS settings for the domain. You will experience it sometimes for one or a few domains in your portfolio, not for all of them.

tnx I'll email em

like I said a few of my names on sav in past had this ds info passed. I just clicked del and solved. sadly dyna may be more complex. in fact it may well be some registears need emailng support to do.this?

oddly the sav names I speak of were all xyz. I found that odd. looks like I wasted months of unresolving lander on those... and as is often case for most of us..its by pure chance I noticed they are failing

do u know of any bulk tools.to.check many names at once for these ghost ds records..or just for any issue preventing lander disply? or are we all just reduced to clicking 1000.or more names one by one in browser or whois to check?

•••
•••
•••
yeah.. ghost ds record was.culprit here

since dyna ain't helping with this name...and sav has one.click Button solution.to remove ds record
...I'm just gonna ttansfer it to sav.. like I do most names anyway...

learned something new.. make sure u check yer ghost ds records..they can come from various places it seems.. like me I'm sure most domainers have at least handful of names that never resolve.. nobody can know unless they check.each name lander.. and how many of us do.that..

cheers

Last edited:
•••
@alcy it would be great if domain marketplaces, which do not implement DNSSEC for client domains, scan for these legacy DS records themselves in bulk, and inform their affected customers that there may be issues with resolving because of this. It will save them support tickets and troubleshooting resources as well.

I will copy @DAN.COM here.

•••
@alcy it would be great if domain marketplaces, which do not implement DNSSEC for client domains, scan for these legacy DS records themselves in bulk, and inform their affected customers that there may be issues with resolving because of this. It will save them support tickets and troubleshooting resources as well.

I will copy @DAN.COM here.

true. there is no way in hell I'm the only one with such ghost records.. it's too bad.. cause it means across all domainers 1000s of names will never be reachable via lander to buyers

like me.. most people have no clue about ghost ds records.. I imagine most registrars dont easily show them either.. on sav u just click domain and record there..but even so how can most know it needs removing

anyway..
...the dark side of domaining I guess heheh

•••
transfer to sav done.
record removed.
one click fix. cool

should work now

Last edited:
•••
Use a vpn and change locations.

•••
Use a vpn and change locations.
No. Did you read the actual thread? How will this help others not able to visit the domain?

•••
No. Did you read the actual thread? How will this help others not able to visit the domain?
Besides VPN issues there could cache and cookies and antivirus issues to limit access. User has troubleshooted issue but not everyone refreshes browsers.

•••
Have one such drop/catched domain.
How to remove this DNSSEC on Z COM registrar?
I look there in DNS setting but there is nothing.

•••
Besides VPN issues there could cache and cookies and antivirus issues to limit access. User has troubleshooted issue but not everyone refreshes browsers.
The problem had to do with a legacy DS record that was still present on @alcy's domain. Only the removal of this record helped fixing the problem. This is not a browser/cookies/etc. issue at all. It has to do with domain resolution, especially DNSSEC and validating resolvers.

•••
The problem had to do with a legacy DS record that was still present on @alcy's domain. Only the removal of this record helped fixing the problem. This is not a browser/cookies/etc. issue at all. It has to do with domain resolution, especially DNSSEC and validating resolvers.

in yer opinion..can such things as cookies cache etc..cause similar issues.. can that lead to our landers being inaccessible too?

•••
in yer opinion..can such things as cookies cache etc..cause similar issues.. can that lead to our landers being inaccessible too?
Generally yes. Domain marketplaces should adhere to web standards and good coding practices as closely as possible. Despite that, there will always be minor problems with certain browsers, for various reasons. Some problems are serious and need to be addressed, others may be related to a wrong or outdated configuration of the visitor's browser (for example, installed add-ons, or deep packet inspection by a virus scanner), or a broken connection of the user (including DNS, routing, ISP blocks).

Last edited:
•••
Back