IT.COM

What's wrong with NamePal? Expired Auction disappeared 8 hours before closing time

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I received a promo email from them about days ago being on the best expired domain dropcatchers so I decided to try them.
I sent the highest bid for an expired .com but 6-8 hours before the auction ended it was removed from "my auctions" tab and the auction list page overall.

In order to send a bid I had to give my cc details so apart from wasting my time with them I'm afraid that I'll be scammed one way or another down the road.

Am I the only one having a bad experience with NamePal.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is their chat support reply:
=========
Chat started
NamePal.com joined the chat
NamePal.com
Hi, how can we help you today? =)

You — Please update your info
please check ticket with no 1400150

NamePal.com
One moment, please.

Thank you for holding.

I just checked on the system, what happened is that the previous owner of the domain just renewed the domain today a few hours ago. Therefore the bid was automatically removed.

You — Please update your info
whois shows that its still under your registrar

NamePal.com
Yeah because we're still registrar. What I meant is the previous owner of the domain ( Namepal Customer ) that had the domain before just renewed it today a few hours ago.
=========

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back