Domain Empire

discuss What's up with Hugedomains.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tom Blue

Established Member
Impact
I buy a lot of domains in the Godaddy expired auctions - and lately I see the same thing happening over and over again:

The price of some domains EXPLODE (like, from $100 to $800 in an instance) and then the domain is bought for this ridiculous price.

And here's the thing: After a few weeks, I visit the domain name just to find out it's on sale at hugedomains.com for 5 figures.

It happend to me like hundreds of times.
Does it really work for them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The bidding isn't as simple as you think. If your highest bid you can bid higher covering a range.

•••
Yup. They buy a lot of domains...

•••
It must work for them Tom since they have been in business for years and only sell there own portfolio of names. Yep they buy a lot of names all right!

•••
They buy expired names then if you don't go after the name for say 2 years, godaddy sends you an invoice for 49.95 to get it back. Ignore it as I did then register it again after the drop.. That's my experience. I believe they are godaddy.

•••
They have a cozy relationship with Godaddy

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back