IT.COM

What's up with Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As of this time stamp, I can't get on to Afternic.

What's going on?

ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I go to afternic.com it says the doman is for sale.

•••
•••
I know what you are saying. I can click on any name and it just brings up the same page. Can't login to my account. Can't search my names. Can't get on Bazaar. Nothing.

ST

•••
Looks like someone at afternic messed up the site. I expect that it would be corrected very soon.

•••
•••
•••
Maybe they are trying to make some quick PPC money for an hour or two? :)

•••
Arrrr, the domain is for sale for me as well!
Hehe, let me make them an offer now.

•••
Good luck making an offer. It won't even accept offers, (serious or otherwise).

ST

•••
you think they were stupid enough to let someone add "afternic.com" to their account - thereby altering their DNS record?

•••
•••
Still doesn't for me. Doesn't bring up the home page.

ST

•••
Seems to be working fine for me, can login, manage domains, etc.

•••
Wade: Lucky you. I wonder why (all of a sudden) it's not working for me. I visit the sight on a regular basis.

Armstrong, Bill1, jj: Are you folks having any luck?

Any ideas?
Thanks,
ST

•••
Hey Scott, try loading a dos window and typing in:

ipconfig /flushdns

see if that might refresh your dns. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

•••
Still does not work for me

•••
•••
They both do not work for me

•••
•••
Perhaps in the morning, still does not work for me. Perhaps someone messed with their DNS settings :(

If I use a proxy it works? Perhaps needs some time to propagate

•••
The website is working for me in all variations...

•••
AN (IMHO) was always a scam. The folks who "bought" it from the "original" owners seem to be very closely related. In fact some of the names look pretty familiar. Good scam of them to 'buy' the site but not "buy" the existing memberships. yeah what a scam! Then top that off with the crap names they call showcase name... I would say that AN is the Packard Bell of the domain name business but that would be a horrid slam to Packard Bell. Anyone who puts any money to AN deserves to be ripped off.

•••
I'm not sure...looks like it's fine now, if there was a problem before. The internet has been weird, lately, some servers have been acting funny. Afternic has been very good, though, they have solid servers I wonder what happened....

•••
Oh well no need to worry its back now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back