IT.COM

What's up with 4L .org's

NameSilo
Watch

Windoms

Top Member
Impact
According to namebio it seems there's quite a bit of activity around them, on many platforms, and what seems like increasing wholesale prices.
I believe 2-3 years ago these were being dropped all the time, I got a very nice one from 2018 closeouts.
Now it seems people are bidding on them on expired domain platforms.
Have you noticed, or am I wrong?

namebio.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These will always be popular with non-profit ORGanisations. Global population increases. More problems. More charities. More LLLL. org's. What's pushing the trend? That's a good question. How about posting a 5 year LLLL .org sale analysis for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (so far).

•••

Total Sales
$349.0k
Dollar Volume
$9,165
Average Price
$3,604
Standard Deviation
$911
Low Price
$81k
High Price

Total Sales
$209k
Dollar Volume
$439
Average Price
$8,254
Standard Deviation
$866
Low Price
$86.1k
High Price

2021 (first 6 months)

Total Sales
$612.0k
Dollar Volume
$9,152
Average Price
$6,632
Standard Deviation
$944
Low Price
$34k
High Price

Namebio stats.

Last edited:
•••
@redemo You made a mistake in your namebio filters, your data is wrong.
namebio1.PNG

2021 - 267 sales in 6 months. $336.4k dollar volume.
2021.PNG

2020 - 402 sales for the whole year. 375.2k dollar volume
2020.PNG

2019 - 399 sales - 406k dollar volume.
2019.PNG

Seems like there's a trend for 2021, wholesale prices are up, many namejet and dropcatch sales.

•••
Whoopsadaisies! Good spot. Selected pattern, extension and year but forgot length. But I think your stats include numbers not just LLLL. Might be wrong.

•••
You are right.
Here's the corrected version, excluding numbers, LLLL pattern.
Pretty much the same result.

2021 - 6 months - 252 sales - $326K
NB1.PNG

2020 - 1 year - 384 sales - $362k
NB2.PNG

2019 - 372 sales - $382k
NB3.PNG

•••
You'd probably need 10 years of data so see a upward or downward pattern. Not sure if namebio gives you 10 years of data without paying.

•••
I have been buying some this year. I started noticing BuyDomains end user sales and looked for certain patterns. I did an analysis of what names sold by what letter they ended in.

Names ending in A,I,O,C,S

A has association, athletics,

I, Institute, Inc,

o Organization

C, Company, Church, Corp, Camp, Choir

S, School, Society, Symphony

Last edited:
•••
Past 5 years

1,759 Total Sales
$2m Dollar Volume
$1,148 Average Price
$5,913 Standard Deviation
$225k High Price

•••
Pretty interesting...
I have Jewz.org, Kurdz.org, 49cc.org and Weebz.org :)

•••
This is some good news... I think I have a good number (more than 25) LLLL .org, most with good/common letters.

I've gotten a couple of inquiries, but the organizations could only offer around $100, so it wasn't worth it to sell.

Does anyone have suggestions on how / where to sell them? I haven't posted them on any marketplaces yet... I guess I will try Afternic/GoDaddy, but what other sales methods are good for LLLL .org domains?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I agree,

I have Zyfr.org but not getting decent offers.

This is some good news... I think I have a good number (more than 25) LLLL .org, most with good/common letters.

I've gotten a couple of inquiries, but the organizations could only offer around $100, so it wasn't worth it to sell.

Does anyone have suggestions on how / where to sell them? I haven't posted them on any marketplaces yet... I guess I will try Afternic/GoDaddy, but what other sales methods are good for LLLL .org domains?

Thanks

•••
I have been buying some this year. I started noticing BuyDomains end user sales and looked for certain patterns. I did an analysis of what names sold by what letter they ended in.

Names ending in A,I,O,C,S

A has association, athletics,

I, Institute, Inc,

o Organization

C, Company, Church, Corp, Camp, Choir

S, School, Society, Symphony

I'm being a bit cheeky BUT are you able to share a descending list of the 1,759 total sales by keyword or AIOCS letter from your research? Cheers.

•••

Thanks
namebio stats last 100 4L. org sales-sedo 5 sales average $4100...godaddy 35 sales average $350. you have a choice of fewer sales with a higher possible profit or a greater chance of a sale for a lower return. i did not in clude the sedo sale of ptsd.org for $50000 because it would have skewed the numbers. the others are split between buydomains and dropcatch.

•••
Many crypto start ups prefer .org to .com. (most prefer .io)

•••
Many expired 4L org available at normal price.

•••
I think any 4L .org thats a single word will have a certain amount of value and even more so if it suits the extension. Some words are going to be absolute monsters in the the org extension (think GIVE, HELP, SAVE etc) because they fit so well and I think that's fairly unique to the org extension.

As for random 4L combos I don't see a huge amount of value there. They aren't as liquid or valuable as 4L coms so I don't think I invest in them personally.

I have a single 4L org - HEIR

•••
I have a single 4L org - HEIR

Develop? Create a website of unclaimed wealth. Customer types in their details. If it's an exact match they pay a fee example $ 50 to see who owes them money. Just splashing around on a Saturday morning.

Last edited:
•••
Except for cigs which sounds like cigarettes all the other wholesale sales in that lists including the namejet ones are with backlinks.

Also .orgs usually tend to get really good backlinks due to the nature of their being, so they get links from other high authority sites and many .orgs that had a website usually have very good links.

•••
BuyDomains are selling several 4L .orgs a week. But how many do they own? Are they making a profit with their .coms and break even with their .orgs? I'll add a few pronounceable .orgs to see if there is any traffic on them, but I won't invest in them heavily. Rather stick to 4L .coms.

•••
I agree that it seems that 4L, or at least the better ones, in .org have had rising prices in both retail and wholesale acquisition, although I have not delved into the numbers, so it is just a hunch.

There was some comment above re optimum venue, and pointed out big average price difference Sedo and GD. It is important to keep in mind that except for their public auctions Sedo only report sales of $2000+. I suspect there are many 4L .org going in the $1k to $2k range which would change average price and number of sales. And of course GD reported sales in NameBio are the auctions, mainly wholesale acquisitions.

I think there is broader use for .org than some think, and I hope to do an analysis of that before too long.

I only have a couple 4L .org currently. I did sell one for low $$$$ a few months ago.

Good thread. Thank you for all the comments, everyone.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back