NameSilo

question What's the Percentage of total sales being reported by Namebio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know that a lot of sales arent reported there, for example Most of the larger brokers and investors dont report their sales there! I believe that 50% at most are reported by NB if not even 25%, what do you guys think?

Afternic DOESNT report there!
DomainNameSales dont report there except annually if they actually ever did!
SEDO has a privacy option for sales!
Flippa the same!
MediaOptions rarely does
DomainHoldings Dont report there
The domain KING doesnt!
All of our private sales arent reported there!

I think I am missing a lot of guys here as well! I

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they can work with escrow.com so that escrow could add a feature "report the sale to NameBio?".

The sale would be reported as "Escrow.com/Sellerssite.com" giving both promotion in exchange for sharing info and would not require extra verification/administration. DN.com could also join, probably.

Cool idea. I wonder if many end users would go for it. I'm trying to put myself in their place, and I can't imagine how it would benefit me to report my purchase price for a domain... particularly if it were high. That could really handicap them in future negotiations, if sellers know that they're able and willing to spend $XX,XXX.

•••
Cool idea. I wonder if many end users would go for it. I'm trying to put myself in their place, and I can't imagine how it would benefit me to report my purchase price for a domain... particularly if it were high. That could really handicap them in future negotiations, if sellers know that they're able and willing to spend $XX,XXX.

The main point is it will increase the number of reported sales. If it is very high or the buyer prefers low profile, he will discretely request it. Plus, NB could make the escrow reported sales removable from search, if such request is placed. Many don't mind letting the world know if they had expensive acquisition. See some interviews with buyers of 6 to 7 figures purchases published here.

•••

Talk to Escrow et al. Many prefer to keep their sales confidential for various reasons. So we have to live with this fact and enjoy the available sources.

•••
The reason I made this post is not to say NB is bad, but it seems people accused them before of such using similar arguments, so thats the reason for Michael's responses above!

The reason for my question, take for example LLLL.org sales in 2015 that are above 1,000! One like me wants to start investing in that front, if I know that only 70 are sold in an entire year above a $1,000 then I wouldnt enter that market, but if I knew that this is definitely a wrong number and the real count is lets say 500+ then I have a chance!

Your website is great and free, 2 nice things in one combo. but we need to know what to expect from it and what not!
I guess looking at people's posts above I get to believe you report around 15% at most of sold domains, and thats a great answer for me! Thanks for a nice website :)

•••
Do we have an estimate of how big Afternic/GoDaddy is relative to Sedo? (Sorry if I missed this discussion earlier in the thread.) I think it's a key piece of information but Expiring sales should probably be exxed out.

•••
Do we have an estimate of how big Afternic/GoDaddy is relative to Sedo? (Sorry if I missed this discussion earlier in the thread.) I think it's a key piece of information but Expiring sales should probably be exxed out.

Here goes the Brokerage league with the stats:

http://dnpric.es/stats/stats-by-broker/

And if you want to include the sales with other assets:
http://dnpric.es/stats/stats-by-broker/?searchsoa=yes

Mind, big chunk of complete GoDaddy data is missing prior to 2012...

•••
Namebio is a fantastic tool to get an idea for the wholesale price on a domain. Specifically in Auction.

I check Namebio regularly. I don't base my buying strategy on it unless I am looking to sell domains via auction sites.

It only reports Expiring Auctions on Godaddy. It only reports auction sales data on Sedo besides some of the domains reported by them.

It's pretty much either dropcatch or expired auctions. Godaddy doesn't report public auction data to them.

Same goes for estibot. Most of the end user reported sales happened years ago. If you understand the data then you can apply it to your craft.

I would say >1% of sales are reported.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back