Dynadot

discuss Whats the most you've sold a hand reg for ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
People often say you can't sell hand reg domains for much, so I was curious to know if anyone has ever sold a hand reg for serious money ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We share the same feeling! I couldn't quite believe it, and simply forgot about it for the last five months or so until I received an offer of £1,000 on it last month.

It's a great name. Interior design is big business, as you said you may have even got 5 figs if you waited for the right buyer.

I can't quite remember but there must've been something wrong with EPP or DAC that day. I just can't believe out of the many many UK catchers, not one picked this up.

One of those once in a blue moon moments to cherish for you I suppose. :)

•••
I was wondering if that particular drop was delayed for some reason, you do get to see them with Nominet

•••
Back in like 2007 I sold MovingRoo.com for I believe $54,000.

•••
Back in like 2007 I sold MovingRoo.com for I believe $54,000.

ahh , the good ol'days. I haven't checked the usage but you can imagine the valuations today $50 to $150 at best. (as a stand alone domain) It does have that association with the com extension/association that carries quite nicely for the time - not sure that would make it memorable as a type-in though, which everyone was looking for in and around 2007.

reads Very Australian for usage

Last edited:
•••
I read from the main UK board that interiordesign (as the co.uk) never made the drop list .. There will be conspiracy theory (or should be)

mind you I've still got a UK domain on hold since 2014, fascinates me as Nominet still talk the "Big encompassment picture " as their natural way forward..

they dropped the ball many years ago

Last edited:
•••
iblock.io for $2,688

Highest i + keyword .io sale listed on NameBio.. 11th highest ending in block in any TLD (9th highest with block "As a Suffix").

•••
I read from the main UK board that interiordesign (as the co.uk) never made the drop list .. There will be conspiracy theory (or should be)

mind you I've still got a UK domain on hold since 2014, fascinates me as Nominet still talk the "Big encompassment picture " as their natural way forward..

they dropped the ball many years ago

So essentially there was a some kind of glitch, meaning that none of the drop catch services recognised that it had dropped as Nominet had not changed the domains status? That lead to me being able to hand reg it?

•••
Indeed,, it never made it onto the drop list for the date it dropped, otherwise a hand registration just wouldn't have been possible given the number of automated drop-catch-systems at work in the UK

•••
$20,000 usd a dotNet around 15 years ago. Wasn't even for sale, i was approached with offer.

•••
$4.5K
.com.ua

Last edited:
•••
People often say you can't sell hand reg domains for much, so I was curious to know if anyone has ever sold a hand reg for serious money ?

who are the people that said that? :)

obviously, it's an inaccurate statement,
because all domains that have been and/or are still registered, were at one time, "hand-registered"
so, all the sales, were from domains that were hand-registered, at one time or another.

exceptions include those that were "withheld/reserved" by the registry and later "auctioned off" to the public.

imo....

•••
Hand regged an expired .co.uk Sep 17, sold at auction yesterday for £3,805 - could've gotten more if I had waited for the right buyer, but happy with the outcome.
Can you share which auction?

•••
•••
•••
I hand reg a .com for $4, then paid 3 years of renewals on top and sold it for $2500 to an end user who directly contacted me. I hadn't even had it for sale plus it was Christmas eve when I received the offer. There was a hiccup though as the buyer changed his mind tried to play a game to get it lower. I stood my ground that he had to stick to the initial offer he agreed to. The sale went through escrow got completed this past January.

Last edited:
•••
A uk hand-reg for $10 then 6 years renawals , Sold at just over USD 22,000 (One numbrer + three letters domain)
Nice sale

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back