NameSilo

What's that script?

Located in Web Development and Server Administration, started by James, Jul 19, 2007

Replies:
Views:

1. Ja$on

Ja$on VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Looking for something like plentyoffish.com. What are some good dating scripts?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. xtc2

xtc2 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

3. sd3189541

sd3189541 Account Closed

Hi

When the scripts are required in applications and what is the need of that?

4. hazelnice

hazelnice New Member

Script is a program that may accompany an HTML document or be embedded directly in it

5. davidc

davidc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

sorry for posting this question in the main Web development -section.

I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of CMS or scrips Groupon . com is running? Anyone have an idea of something similar?

Thanx.

6. jacobatwood

jacobatwood Established Member

You may get a lot of different scripts to share that may be useful for your sites to develop. Many resources offers the custom scripts.

7. Brian

Brian Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

http://wroupon.com/ they sell a script that is basically a Groupon clone, I've never used it so don't know the quality of it

8. rolandkeys

rolandkeys Established Member

Googling for opensource clone of groupon. wroupon is paid.

9. saima.spider

saima.spider Established Member

can we do this using some cms like drupal or wordpress

10. radioz

radioz Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

http://www.myhamshack.com offers an interesting system that allows people to sign up for mini web pages, start a blog, and place classified ads too. This site is a ham radio related hobby site. It is certainly a concept that could be adapted to almost any other hobby or community application. Is it a script or just a very neat piece of programming? It does seem to utilize a 'wrapper' in the code that I can see which sort of says script to me but that may not matter.

Thanks!

11. daddict

daddict Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Anyone know of a good domain/website appraisal script that's good for cctld domains?

12. entj

entj Established Member

I'm looking for a baby name website script. I haven't managed to find a free one anywhere.

13. Th3Boss

Th3Boss You're Fired! ★★★★★★★★★★

14. Quanta-HIS

Quanta-HIS Account Closed

I am also looking for a scrip which is helpful to develop a website..any idea.. Thanks in advance!

15. techspecx

techspecx Established Member

Hello, Thanks for having this forum. I am looking for a domain listing script that domainers can list their domains for sale. A combination of sedo, flippa, afternic would be cool. Thanks.

16. dncafe

dncafe Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Groupon is custom, but there are many options to use a CMS like Wordpress.

Here is a list of plugins and themes for Wordpress: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wordpress-group-buying-plugins-themes/

When you're searching for a Groupon type script, also try using the search phrase "group buying"

17. interlagos

interlagos Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Can someone tell me what script or plugins www.slickdeals.net uses? Is it all custom, or are there plugins to achieve the same tasks with WordPress? I really like their layout, it looks like a News/E-commerce combination but I cannot figure out how to pull it off. Thanks in advance.

18. Paul

Paul CTO, NamePros CTO VIP Gold Account

• /forums/: vBulletin v3.8.2
    • /blog/: WordPress v3.0.1, using vBulletin for login
    • /: Seems to built on top of vBulletin; probably custom

Whoever manages that site probably knows what they're doing, because they're using vim as a text editor.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I don't know of any such software that's publicly available. You could start a project on an outsourcing site like Elance or Freelancer, but you get what you pay for. Unless you're willing to pay thousands, you'll probably just get a barely functional, unintuitive bit of garbage.

Here are a few bidding platforms that you could use as a starting point:

19. R.knight

R.knight Established Member

Hi pros. currently I'm developing a travel site and I found a site (publicholiday doy org) using a script to show you pictures under the article. Can anybody tell me how to do that technically?

20. Keral_Patel

Keral_Patel I'll do it

It looks like wordpress with related posts plugin.

21. R.knight

R.knight Established Member

I've already check it, the website didn't use any plugin for related post. When you click the images or links, it takes you to agoda.com page. The image is changing every time you refresh the page.

22. Keral_Patel

Keral_Patel I'll do it

What I am saying is if you want something similar on your website then related plugin is the way to go.

Other then that there are many affiliate programs and even advertising programs that have taken this approach.

Zemanta, Mgid, etc also use this kind of setup.

23. DNMRKT.COM

DNMRKT.COM Bizful

Hello! can someone please tell me what's the name of the script that namepros.com is using, want to start a forum my self really like this script :)
    Thanks in advance!

24. iowadawg

iowadawg Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

25. DNMRKT.COM

DNMRKT.COM Bizful

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice