Dynadot

discuss What's it feel like to sell a domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

platey

Top Member
Impact
bought a few domain names and allowed a few to expire and renewed z few domain names too but never actually sold a domain name either and not in any hurry to sell cheap either but as i haven't sold a domain name etc what does it feel like to sell a domain name? Lol

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
its great hearing peoples domain name successes because its effectively like swimming eg you can't swim unless you get in the water and the byproduct of swimming? We get wet lol

I'll get an even better feeling when I make my first xxxx or higher sale :D

Last edited:
•••
Try putting a domain up at a reseller like sedo or godaddy listings or any other and just forget about and then have a happy surprise when you check you Paypal account one day.

Just remember, if you you're going to price it at 2,500 then the real price may be 550 (or lower). Makes for many happy days ahead. In all seriousness their won't be that many, but when it happens it sure makes for a good week.

•••
Though depends on the amount but always encouraging, motivating it assures you that you are doing something right. gives you positivity and makes you confident in domaining, it only urges one to do better and to be bigger.

•••
bought a few domain names and allowed a few to expire and renewed z few domain names too but never actually sold a domain name either and not in any hurry to sell cheap either but as i haven't sold a domain name etc what does it feel like to sell a domain name? Lol

1st time is nice, but 50th time is nicer :) Don't count on luck, learn and replay.

•••
•••
How does it feels to sell a name for 10x or more than you paid for:
"Woohoo, free money!"
and then
"I almost feel sorry for those poor suckers... almost."

•••
Also after each and every sale you get the "fudge, should I asked for more?" moment.

•••
1st time is nice, but 50th time is nicer :) Don't count on luck, learn and replay.

i suppose its finding a system based on what works for each person

i would ideally hope to sit on them for a few years and just renew and forget etc - time is the best investment tool

•••
I get somewhat of a rush, even if I take a loss...the more profit though, the better I feel.

•••
No matter if it's xxx or x,xxx a sale always feels GREAT to me! It quietly confirms that I am making better choices in my domain investments and there's always a market for good names. A nice ROI is our goal and should always feel GOOD! Wise domain choices and patience is often the key! Good Luck!

•••
It's like a drug, you keep coming back for more...

•••
It's like a gambling addiction. The second you complete one big sale, you're straight after that rush again. ;)

•••
i suppose its finding a system based on what works for each person

i would ideally hope to sit on them for a few years and just renew and forget etc - time is the best investment tool

Try sell and see the feelings and take a turn and repeat same thing and build up from there. I f you are not selling, you can not know the feelings and there can be no improvement in the business.
How do you know if all your domains are good or bad?

Big thing starts from small, they say! Wish you good luck.

Last edited:
•••
I remember my first domain name sale over 10 years ago. Same day I received the check for high XXXX I cashed it and went straight to Costco and bought the biggest screen TV i can find for my parents, gave them and siblings some money, used some for renewals and lived like a king for a couple weeks:)

P.s. I've had nice sales since then, but I'm not a motivated seller, I'd rather develope than sell cheaply. I view the best domain for a business as priceless and they are lucky for the opportunity to purchase it. Imo The term "domainers" is to broad, at the bottom you have the flippers and at the top those that develope them into full fledged businesses.

Last edited:
•••
No matter if it's xxx or x,xxx a sale always feels GREAT to me! It quietly confirms that I am making better choices in my domain investments and there's always a market for good names. A nice ROI is our goal and should always feel GOOD! Wise domain choices and patience is often the key! Good Luck!

Exactly...though I' still working on the "wise domain choices" and "patience" part.

I recently sold my first $x,xxx and was jumping for joy...but, I still get happy with the mid $XXX. (have sold just under 20 only).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back