NameSilo

question What's best domain sale where buyer paid above what they can afford?

Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I have seen many domain sales on here being mentioned where the buyer paid a huge amount of money for a domain way above their budget yet they felt they still felt it was a good and necessary buy.

Do you know or remember any specific ones that stand out in your mind?

I've seen then but can't remember.

I specifically am looking for a sale where the buyer shelled out money the was way above their budget yet they did it anyway.

I've read about sales upwards of about $100,000 or even $300,000 and above where the buyer felt confident that it was a good buy even though they spent so much money.

I'd like to get such sales that are very much heavily reported in domain news articles so I can show clients.

I believe such info is very useful in convincing buyers ( especially rich ones) that they should pay whatever high price we ask for our domains. Because if say a startup can afford $8,000 or $10,000 or $25,000 for a domain then there should be red flags in the finances of a company if they can't shell out the same money for a domain. Especially when they are worth hundreds of millions

while most of these startups only have $50,000-$100,000 in working capital.

These big corps always try to play it off like "it's not in our budget"

I'd like to point out examples to these big corps that how is it these tiny startups can afford or can justify buying a $25,000-$50,000 or even $300,000 domain yet they can't offer more than $5,000?

I understand that most companies can't bring themselves to pay more than $1,000 for a domain. Most of the time they send some low level employee to secure a domain for $1,000 - $5,000 and if they get it done they get a raise of like 6 figures meanwhile we get stuck with just $5,000 in our pockets.

That's not fair at all.

So can anyone provide some domain sales where the amount of money was what was expected especially coming from startup buyer?

I'd like to use this data to effectively squash this idea these people try to pull over us that their "budget" is only $1,000 - $5,000.

How can that be when they are a $300 - $500 million or $1 billion plus and these tiny companies can afford $300,000 on a domain

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back