Dynadot

domain whatchamacallit.[com] - rough value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zuludaddy

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

Noob to the boards, but with a long history in naming and branding. Which is where this one came from. Currently serving solely as a redirect for a pretty-much-dead company website, I'm wondering if it has any real-world value, or if it's purely sentimental. If it does, I might be willing to part with it.

(Hope I'm doing this right - thanks & cheers, -zuludaddy)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would probably say not a lot of value. It's definitely sentimental. Do they even sell Whatchamacallits anymore?

Also, there's no trademark issue here?

The odds of a business coming along and saying "Lets call our company Whatchamacallit LLC, we need whatchamacallit.com!" are basically non-existent. It's long and hard to spell, and the mindshare for the word is taken up by the candy bar.

But on the nostalgia side, I'm sure there's a group of people on this planet whose favorite candy is Whatchamacallit. So maybe for $500, $1000 bucks, they'd be honored to own the domain name to create a fan site or something.

If you're really diligent, you can probably outbound (after you clear it with legal) this name to a candy website, like candy.com or oldtimecandy.com for a couple of thousand. You'd have to do the work, because I don't think anyone is coming to you to buy this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back