Dynadot

discuss What you think of .XYZ domains

NameSilo
Watch

vntornado

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have old many (about 50) one-word .XYZs for mid $xxx to mid $xxxx, and obviously I'm happy with that.

But would I use a .XYZ for a website myself?

- Probably not. I prefer a .COM or a new gTLD combo, like my user name.

Do I believe the success with .XYZ will continue?!

- I'm not sure. I think the demand might decrease in a few years. But I might be wrong.

•••
It's not junk if you can make money. Use that strategy and if it works for you, do it again.
Do you think a .XYZ can outsell .info .online and those similar ones for the same keyword?

•••
I have old many (about 50) one-word .XYZs for mid $xxx to mid $xxxx, and obviously I'm happy with that.

But would I use a .XYZ for a website myself?

- Probably not. I prefer a .COM or a new gTLD combo, like my user name.

Do I believe the success with .XYZ will continue?!

- I'm not sure. I think the demand might decrease in a few years. But I might be wrong.
Do you think miamihotels.com can sell for more than hotel.xyz or hotels.xyz ?
(Hypothetical domains)

Last edited:
•••
Do you think miamihotels.com can sell for more than hotel.xyz or hotels.xyz ?
(Hypothetical domains)

Yes, .COM is still King, and that fact is easy to monitor and confirm via Namebio etc.

Another factor is potential high renewals. As you know, some .XYZ names have very high renewal prices.

•••
I remember a couple years ago when you couldn't give XYZ domains away.

•••
These were when some .xyz were listed as premium domains for sale. and their renewal costs appeared very high. The whole process of declaring them as premium and having the higher renewal costs seemed curious.
They list any premium names on gen.xyz/premiums & they don't change price on names that you own. You may have randomly searched a premium, and that is why you'd see the renewal price high.

•••
The thing is I noticed with .xyz domains is that there is a person or persons who have namebio contract. They or him put .xyz domains with highly bloated prices over 40k to prove there is sales. Actually there arent and them are found also in sedo with outrageous prices with nobids. But this person tries to claim he sold them on his/hers website. Its called bubbling. Actually .xyz sells for example 100usd for 3 letter etc.. So very low. Bubbling is marketing trick also cheating.. I think they should remove that person from namebio.. I can say her name as private message. But not here!

•••
The thing is I noticed with .xyz domains is that there is a person or persons who have namebio contract. They or him put .xyz domains with highly bloated prices over 40k to prove there is sales. Actually there arent and them are found also in sedo with outrageous prices with nobids. But this person tries to claim he sold them on his/hers website. Its called bubbling. Actually .xyz sells for example 100usd for 3 letter etc.. So very low. Bubbling is marketing trick also cheating.. I think they should remove that person from namebio.. I can say her name as private message. But not here!
that is interesting to know.. as this exists already with many influencer celebs on youtube instagram and twitter with many crypto coins right now! it is called shilling trash , thanks for the info.
One would only have to be naive to believe these things do not happen in high levels lol

•••
as for the downvotes , i guess its ok to be able to bring down someone just because you disagree or you're a big loser or a bitter person in life, a forum medal is all you got and that's all dead it doesn't mean you are actually anything valuable for anyone in life.

•••
as for the downvotes , i guess its ok to be able to bring down someone just because you disagree or you're a big loser or a bitter person in life, a forum medal is all you got and that's all dead it doesn't mean you are actually anything valuable for anyone in life.
Yep I bet this person knows hes being talked.

•••
I can send you his bio ;) its outrageous, the same guy has account too here in namepros. He/SHE is not legitimate seller..

•••
Ok wanna see proof.. I dont get the downvoting let me show you:
1.Go namebio.
2.Look for .xyz
3. Go page 3

Look all the other sales and compare it to seller "swetha" who "sells" these on hes website

Swetha.xyz site claims he sold those utter rubbish domains for outrageous prices.

Think about it.

Then go his site swetha.xyz there is portfolio and you find those same names with outrageous prices
in sedo.
BUT

there are no bids, none. Zilch.

Yea I think we get the better picture here.

She is bubbling the market to try improve her non existant sales, she has a twitter too

Embarassing..

Thats whats wrong in namebio

Great place but always buy from known seller. Like sedo,godaddy various. Swetha.xyz is a hoax!

Last edited:
•••
I see a lot of things here , first many downvote a simple question than can be answered with a "yes I think it's good if that range" or anything else like "no stick with just .com and .net) just a view on this.
Instead I get advice that I should invest that xyz 20$ money on groceries or whatever and nobody is down voting these people for just being irrelevant , instead they support em more because they're firends or a female or old dinosaurs members ?
Nobody cares to educate , help and answer the simplest question to new members or new domainers , the ego is so big that they compete like high schoolers even if they 40+ lmao
And there's no regulation for this because if I was admin here I'd ban you all toxic inactive non contributing trash.

•••
yzjanet9er.xyz 961 USD

Lol there are more these fakes.. Nobody buys that above for 900+ loool

Maybe I make thread out of this now

•••
yzjanet9er.xyz 961 USD

Lol there are more these fakes.. Nobody buys that above for 900+ loool

Maybe I make thread out of this now

1. $158 ?! - https://namebio.com/yzjanet9er.xyz

2. Sold via Dynadot. Nothing to do with Swetha, as far as I know. I agree that this is a bizarre sale, but there have been many many many bizarre .COM sales as well.

•••
XYZ is the best TLD ever and will surely destroy COM in a year's time.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Seems like they deleted my post but here's it again , this domainer will give me life advice and downvote me wow

https : // dan . com/domain-seller/happy-domains-0b09a4d0-f83b-49e1-9bbb-84a7bcfbcc97?&results=50&order_by=relevance

•••
IMO .xyz circulation success among grassroots domain investors, even if initially low amount, is key as a reflection of NP power (like LLLL.com popularized here: around 2007 sold NGOs.com Sedo Auction 2.5k but then values dropped for a moment)

•••
Aren't some of the renewals for .xyz in the hundreds to thousands of dollar range? Perhaps I misunderstood on the registrars some of their renewal prices, but it seemed that .xzy had some of the highest renewal prices I had ever seen.
You can download in spreadsheet form the xyz premium list with prices, either all premium names or the ones available to register.
https://gen.xyz/premiums

Many words are not premium, and once registered the registry seems to respect not reclassifying unless the name drops. Therefore there are many superb names with the $10 standard renewal fee.

I believe it is true that of her almost 20,000 xyz Swetha holds only a single one with a premium renewal fee. That gives some idea of how many superb names are available at standard renewal.

It is hard to get good names available to hand register, but sometimes can get good ones at reasonable prices in auction. Make sure to check that the renewal is standard, though.

While not all names in xyz are sold to web3 startups, many are. Therefore concentrate on a word that would be a good name for a web3 startup.

The top sale in the DNJournal issue just out is an xyz.

Bob

PS I have analyzed XYZ twice in the blog:

What Sells In XYZ?
The Last 12 Months of XYZ Sales

•••
I think it's a hype that will die down after a while.

•••
1666517240796.png

•••
•••
Well proof marketing and pricing can influence. I didn't take up those 99c offers but when you price thing $1-2 -5er more keywords per dollar it grows. Today as people keep and trade best of those keywords it shows how well marketing can influence industry. It could have been another short extension eg .web same plan would have resulted perhaps better.

•••
While .xyz did well in its first two years, prior to the ill-fated penny offer. It came back in recent years for several reasons, including the branding move toward single-word names, and the dearth of single-word .com within startup budgets.

The web3 association played a critical role though:
The extension has come to be associated with Web3 largely because the XYZ CEO, Daniel Negari, proposed, back in 2018, an association between XYZ and the Ethereum Name Service, ENS. It was officially announced Sept 5, 2018 by Ethereum founder Nick Johnson.

Initially ENS worked only with .eth extension names, but now works with many other TLDs that support DNSSEC, including .com, .net and many new gTLDs.

On the XYZ blog many Web3 businesses on .xyz domain names are featured.

To give a feel for the type of Web3 startups that are using .xyz, check out sites like mirror.xyz, agora.xyz, arcade.xyz and universe.xyz. I am not endorsing these, or any, site, simply using them as examples.

A recent Web3 initiative by XYZ is Eth.xyz. It allows you to automatically link your authorized NFTs to your ENS profile. Read more about it, and see some examples, at eth.xyz.

Probably the recent TechCrunch article WTF is .xyz? will spur familiarity for the extension among the general public, as well as its association with Web3.

The systematic and impressive work by Swetha to acquire many of the best .xyz names, and to price them at a level recognizing the worth that she saw in them, has no doubt contributed much. Web3 startups expect to pay a solid price for .xyz, but not as much as they would pay for the same term in .com.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back