Dynadot

question What would you do with a Dynadot account credit?

NameSilo
Watch
Hello all,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that one cannot get cash for a Dynadot account credit and the only option appears to be to spend it on Dynadot.

If that's the case, what would you do with a Dynadot account credit?

I appreciate your feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Our payouts team may request verification of your photo ID as part of the payout process, as we do take account security very seriously and must verify that we are sending the funds to the person listed on your account as the Dynadot account holder. We do also state that we may require identification as part of our payout policy:

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy

We do understand the hesitation to use a third-party website, and if you would prefer to send a copy of photo identification by email that could be sent to our account managers at [email protected] instead. As you've mentioned that you wouldn't be able to take live photos through Validation.com our team should also be able to send out a new request that allows you to upload pre-existing images. To request a new link we'd just need to ask you to respond to the original email request sent by our payouts team.

To clarify, our team wouldn't require an image of the back of your ID, that may be shown as an example by Validation.com. Our team would just need to verify the front of the ID (or your passport page if you're using a passport) as they are looking to verify the name shown on your document and match that to your Dynadot account.

•••
Our payouts team may request verification of your photo ID as part of the payout process, as we do take account security very seriously and must verify that we are sending the funds to the person listed on your account as the Dynadot account holder. We do also state that we may require identification as part of our payout policy:

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy
Your payout policy also says "Payouts by check are also available for account credit in USD".

There’s a simple solution, to verify that you are sending the funds to the person listed on my account as the Dynadot account holder.

Change my payout via PayPal, to payout by check made payable to the person listed on my account as the Dynadot account holder.

Another solution might be to put the funds back on the card that the person listed on my account as the Dynadot account holder has been using to pay you with for the past couple of years.

•••
@Dynadot I have been in this business over 20 years, the past 4 years of which I have had a Dynadot account. During those 20+ years the person listed on my domain registrar accounts as the account holder (myself) as well as the phone number have NEVER changed. These were the same person & phone number listed for the domain Registrant, on the domain that sold, for the entire time that I owned it (almost 18 years) as well as for all domains that I currently own and have ever owned. I also have owned my FirstNameLastName.com (in several variations) for almost 18 years, which is the same name of the person listed on my account as the account holder (myself). These real name .coms are currently being held in my Dynadot account.

Beyond that, I also have had (and still have) a Visa card linked to my Dynadot account for at least two years. The card is in the name of the person listed on my account as the account holder (myself), you have received payments from this card over the last two years, and it doesn't expire until 11/22.

What's disconcerting is, if you're goal is to minimize fraud, for some reason you are not wiling to utilize any of the most secure solutions to GUARANTEE that you are sending the funds to the person listed on my account as the account holder (myself).

Please explain to me, how by doing any one of the following, would NOT verify that you are sending the funds to the person listed on my account as the account holder (myself)?:

1) Sending a check made payable to the person listed on my account as the account holder (myself).

2) Transferring the funds to the Visa card, which is in the name of the person listed on my account as the account holder (myself) and is linked to my Dynadot account.

3) Approving the original payout request via PayPal (to the same email listed on my Dynadot account), which is owned by the same person listed on my Dynadot account as the account holder (myself).

Last edited:
•••
don't have either a computer webcam, or other device that connects to the internet which has a camera
Leave your I.D. on your roof laid out flat. Place a large mirror beneath your I.D. and a large magnifying glass above your ID. Wait for Google maps to update. Go to your local library and screen shot your I.D. then send it to Dynadot. Wait hold on that wouldn't work. Also not secure. I'm sure there's a work-around. Sorry I have been drinking heavily again.

Last edited:
•••
Photo ID requirement for payout is unacceptable in my opinion (would vaxxcard count as ID), but I would probably buy/renew domains and not move cash out directly anyway, unless it is in mid 5 figures or more.

•••
Photo ID requirement for payout is unacceptable in my opinion (would vaxxcard count as ID), but I would probably buy/renew domains and not move cash out directly anyway, unless it is in mid 5 figures or more.
I agree, photo ID requirement for payout is unacceptable, especially if:

1) To minimize fraud, the registrar has at least 2-3 other secure solutions to verify the account holder and that they are sending the funds to the person listed on the account as the account holder, while not putting the security and/or identity of person whose photo ID they're requiring at risk.

2) For more than two years, the registrar has had an active credit card linked to the account of the person making the payout request, they've received recent payments from this card, the card is in the name of the person listed as the account holder making the payout request, and that person's name has never changed.

3) The registrar has confirmed that no fraudulent activity has been identified, or is suspected in connection with the account making the request.

4) In line with the registrars payout policy, at the time of the payout request, account details were successfully verified through email verification, which was confirmed by support.

5) The registrar has already taken their commission from the sale.

As for vaxxcard counting as an ID, in this case, Dynadot is requiring a government issued photo ID i.e. drivers license or passport, so I don't believe a vaxxcard would count, but only Dynadot can answer that question.

Last edited:
•••
It's the age old argument of safety and security v.s. liberty and freedom. There's no perfect answer. What I do know is that Dynadot are highly unlikely to change their policies because you don't like it and you also have free choice to choose any registrar you want. If Dyandot aren't breaking the law I suggest you complain (if you have time and the inclination to do so) and if that falls on deaf ears use a different company. There are plenty to choose from. Supply and demand. Action and reaction.

Last edited:
•••
You might be surprised to learn how likely it is that Dynadot changed their payout policiy and the timing in which they've done so.

Last edited:
•••
dynadot has a payout policy of $100 minimum by check or paypal and 5% fee for less than $500. Just go to my info and find the payout button. Its simple, mind you have $100+. ty Happy Holidays. :)

•••
I would simply buy domains

•••
Hello all,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that one cannot get cash for a Dynadot account credit and the only option appears to be to spend it on Dynadot.

If that's the case, what would you do with a Dynadot account credit?

I appreciate your feedback.
Account credit is for making in-house purchases at Dynadot.

I find it especially helpful because where I come from, the dollar limit on cards range from $100-$200 depending on the bank. So, I can gradually accumulate credit at Dynadot on a monthly basis in preparation for renewals that might exceed what I am allowed to spend on my card in a month.

•••
You can payout to your paypal ( maybe min - 100$ )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back