IT.COM

question What would you do with a Dynadot account credit?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that one cannot get cash for a Dynadot account credit and the only option appears to be to spend it on Dynadot.

If that's the case, what would you do with a Dynadot account credit?

I appreciate your feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Help people buy domains and get paid to your paypal

•••
•••
Help people buy domains and get paid to your paypal
Interesting; care to elaborate on how this might work with an account credit?

•••
u can easily get credit to paypal..just email them.

they charge 5percent for less than 500usd..plus paypal fee..so another 5percent about

and over 500usd it's only one of these fees

@Dynadot can confirm fees.. I can just confirm u can do it

•••
500$ is minimum payout on Dynadot

•••
I'd probably do what @alcy said. I think I do have a credit at Dynadot and probably would cash it, but I can't - It isn't the $500 minimum. I'll either buy a trendy hand reg, or just consider it dead to me

•••
I'd probably do what @alcy said. I think I do have a credit at Dynadot and probably would cash it, but I can't - It isn't the $500 minimum. I'll either buy a trendy hand reg, or just consider it dead to me

just to be clear i never said u cant washout if under 500

•••
u can easily get credit to paypal..just email them.

they charge 5percent for less than 500usd..plus paypal fee..so another 5percent about

and over 500usd it's only one of these fees

@Dynadot can confirm fees.. I can just confirm u can do it
:xf.cool: I just found Dynadots "Payout Policy," which states, among other things, the following:
  • There is a 5% fee on account credit that is paid out to cover costs associated with the transaction.
  • The minimum payout amount that you can request is $100 USD.
and as far as getting credit to PayPal...
  • Payouts are made via PayPal to the email that you specify...Payouts by check are also available for account credit in USD.
  • Because PayPal charges extra fees to payout International accounts, there may be an additional cost for payouts under $500 USD. Requesting a payout of less than $500 USD can result in additional fees.

•••
•••
:xf.cool: I just found Dynadots "Payout Policy," which states, among other things, the following:
  • There is a 5% fee on account credit that is paid out to cover costs associated with the transaction.
and as far as getting credit to PayPal...
  • Payouts are made via PayPal to the email that you specify...Payouts by check are also available for account credit in USD.
  • Because PayPal charges extra fees to payout International accounts, there may be an additional cost for payouts under $500 USD. Requesting a payout of less than $500 USD can result in additional fees.

dang we wrote same thing at same time. all settled then

next.

•••
500$ is minimum payout on Dynadot

"Payout Policy" states

•••
Yeah, I've got a dribble though (something like 10 bucks). Nothing significant

•••
•••
Hello all,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that one cannot get cash for a Dynadot account credit and the only option appears to be to spend it on Dynadot.

If that's the case, what would you do with a Dynadot account credit?

I appreciate your feedback.
I would buy a veggie poke bowl.

•••
@alcy @jhm If payouts are made via PayPal, how can one get the cash from their PayPal account?

Last edited:
•••
Strange question— buy domains or renew domains.

•••
@alcy @jhm If payouts are made via PayPal, how can one get the cash from their PayPal account?
If you've used PayPal before you link a bank account to your PayPal, then withdraw

•••
If you've used PayPal before you link a bank account to your PayPal, then withdraw
Is there a fee to withdraw?

•••
•••
•••
i would spend it to buy domains

•••
I spend so much money on dynadot, I would love some of my sales to happen with dyna credit.

•••
anyway..found the link so now its official

min to payout 100

expect total.around 10percent fees..pp and dyna...for under 500

and around 5percent if over 500

that sums it up
enjoy and happy cashing out hehehe

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy
dang we wrote same thing at same time. all settled then

next.
Unfortunately, all is not settled. And let me preface this by saying that I've had an account with Dynadot for several years, in which they've had no issues with me or accepting my payments.

On 12/15, I requested a payout from Dynadot through PayPal and I was sent a "Balance Payout Email Verification" with a link that I used to successfully to verify payout transaction info, all while chatting live with support, who told me > > > > "Looks like you have verified the PayPal, there are no others that need to be done from your side. Please spare some time for the team to check and process...and first time payout orders can take seven to ten business days to complete".

On the 12/18, I got an email with the subject "Additional Verification Needed". OK, I recalled seeing that Dynadot Payout Policy states: "you may be required to verify account details by providing identification or through email verification to protect against fraud." This email had a link to validation.com, which led me to this page:

Validation.png

I don't have either a computer webcam, or other device that connects to the internet which has a camera, so I was wondering how exaclty they'd "securely take a series of pictures of..." me and "my government photo ID", so to learn more, I visited their website and I followed the link entitled "Asked To Submit Documents?", which led to this page:

validation2.png

Here you can see they're showing how they want pics of both front & back of government photo ID and the highlighted text says, "Not every organization will ask for a selfie. However we always advise that you'll be on camera when completing a submission."

When I told Dynadot that I don't have either a computer webcam, or other device that connects to the internet which also has a camera, and asked what can I do?, they replied > > > > "This is the procedure for payout. If you don't have the condition at this time, we can wait till you are able to complete it."

I confirmed that neither their terms of use, payout policy nor help files state that the "procedure for payout" requires to be live on camera to complete it, so I asked them to please show me where this is stated. They replied > > > > "Unfortunately the live image is how we verify the information for a payout".

Again, I asked them to please show me where this is stated. This time they replied > > > > "Unfortunately our payout policy page shows the basics of what might be ask of you for verification. We do not layout the complete and full process along with all options that may be asked".

All that said, I have some questions:

How long can Dynadot hold my payout hostage, if I can't complete this "on camera" submission with Validation.com taking a series of pictures of me and my government photo ID, which Dynadot has admitted they do not layout ANYWHERE as a required “procedure for payout"?

How secure is this "on camera" submission?

Who else has had to go through this to complete a payout, and how exactly did this work?

•••
Back