IT.COM

opinion What was the best buy from NamesCon Live Auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Best Buy??? Now that it's been a week since the NamesCon live auction. Which buy did you think was the best buy? When the auction was going on and I was live tweeting it seemed many thought BeautySpa.com was a great buy. Someone today emailed me they missed the auction as they were out of town. They wanted to know if TravelAgency.com really only sold for $25,000 as they thought it was an … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the strange ADD.com cuz it had content $800k

was website included, and is buyer using it?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Namescon auctions have consistently been disappointing and the garage sale equivalent for premium domains for the most part.
I wonder why the sellers fall for it time and again, when even getting a fair price for their domains seem minuscule.

These sales data could also prove counter-productive during sales negotiations, when prospective buyers might consider this to be the threshold for fair pricing, for premium domains.

Med(.org) for $8,500??Seriously??

Last edited:
•••
I think by far the best deal for a buyer was med (org).

I also like the quality/price ratio for some including TravelAgency and ArtDesign

I think icebergs is an interesting name that may end up being at a very good price.

Overall seemed mix bag of some high, some low and a lot of expected prices.

Bob

•••

I also like the quality/price ratio for some including TravelAgency and ArtDesign

I think icebergs is an interesting name that may end up being at a very good price.

Bob
Agreed - I think Med.org is right up there with Earthlings.com.

•••

Bob

med.info 13,461 USD 2015-06-15 Sedo
med.help 10,000 USD 2016-02-11 Uniregistry
med.tv 8,001 USD 2011-03-06 Sedo
med.nl 5,560 USD 2011-03-23 Sedo
med.me 3,100 USD 2011-12-16 Sedo
med.co.uk 1,798 USD 2013-08-21 Sedo
med.top 526 USD 2017-03-13 HiChina
med.digital 505 USD 2017-08-22 Sedo

•••
Vuy.com for $15k seems like a good deal.

•••
the ADD.com which included content $800k

the website was included, it’s same website

Samer
There is not much upside for a domainer to buy at $800K

It looks like Scott Day was the seller on med.org, which is a great domain, extension combo, I think based on the letters on the username shown m*********s, it looked like Media Options acquired this one at $8,500.

Last edited:
•••
Earthlings.com by FAR :xf.wink:
Hi Josh, My space background likes this name personally, but maybe my limited thinking is trying to see the applications of it beyond perhaps fantasy, space, environmental (admittedly a lot just there). Do you want to expand a bit on why you think it is such a great name to help us benefit from your thinking?
Bob

•••
Hi Josh, My space background likes this name personally, but maybe my limited thinking is trying to see the applications of it beyond perhaps fantasy, space, environmental (admittedly a lot just there). Do you want to expand a bit on why you think it is such a great name to help us benefit from your thinking?
Bob

I think it's a very brandable name. We're all Earthlings after all.

You can certainly argue that it's a common word, and you just can't find .coms of that caliber for less than $5k-10k (even at wholesale).

Quick search on LinkedIn suggests that others may agree.

upload_2020-2-9_19-24-16.png

•••
I think it's a very brandable name. We're all Earthlings after all.

You can certainly argue that it's a common word, and you just can't find .coms of that caliber for less than $5k-10k (even at wholesale).

Quick search on LinkedIn suggests that others may agree.

Show attachment 144205
I think it could have gone for double at namejet on any given Sunday, kind of surprised with all the attention, and focus at a featured auction it came in so low.

•••
When the auction was going on and I was live-tweeting it seemed many thought BeautySpa.com was a great buy. Someone today emailed me they missed the auction as they were out of town. They wanted to know if TravelAgency.com really only sold for $25,000 as they thought it was an unbelievable steal. I don’t know I thought it was unbelievable but he sure did.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back