Dynadot

Namescon live auction runaround?

NameSilo
Watch

Mlebo

Top Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I seem to be getting the run around from Namescon regarding getting my money from domains sold in the Namescon live auction. Maybe it is me; however it has already been 10 days since they transferred the domains to the buyers accounts. Again I am hearing that they plan to start sending the money next week siting they typically send funds once a month for accounting reasons.

I never had to wait near this long once the domains have been transfered.

Does this seem right?

Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately. not much that happens with the NamesCon auction seems right to me...

•••
Doesn't seem right, but at the same time it is not surprising...

•••
•••
Toner dot net
farms dot net
skijacket dot com

All 3 buyers got bargains. I was hoping for higher; however I can with how much they sold for. My concern is regarding the unnecessary delay of funds.

•••
Congrats on the sales! Thanks for sharing the names too!

•••
You're not getting the run around, you'll get your money. Remember this auction just closed a few weeks ago. There's a lot of administrative work that needs to be processed and handled. You'll get paid pretty soon.
"Be patient young skywalker".

•••
Thank you. I will make a little over what I had invested. Not as much as I hoped. But any profit will work.

•••
Congrats @Mlebo

nice names, hope you get paid soon

•••
You're not getting the run around, you'll get your money. Remember this auction just closed a few weeks ago. There's a lot of administrative work that needs to be processed and handled. You'll get paid pretty soon.
"Be patient young skywalker".

I love the the skywalker thing.

I was patient up to today when I was told it would take even longer then what was mentioned prior. I realize they have a lot of work to do. Especially from the extended auction that ended on Feb.9th. Keep in mind these were all sold at the live auction that ended on the 23rd of Jan.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe one of your 3 buyers was late paying for their auction win, and the auctioneer (Namejet or Right of the Dot?) wants to just disperse one payment to you so that may be the holdup?

•••
Maybe one of your 3 buyers was late paying for their auction win, and the auctioneer (Namejet or Right of the Dot?) wants to just disperse one payment to you so that may be the holdup?

It was confirmed all 3 were paid prior to Namescon transferring domains to the buyers on Feb.7th.

•••
Read the small print you agreed to when you submitted the names, I read it all of it and decided to not submit my best names. There could be a charge back within 30 days so I am guessing the buyer does not have the domain yet, that it is in a holding account until payment is cleared as good.

•••
Thank you. I will make a little over what I had invested. Not as much as I hoped. But any profit will work.
Sorry you have to wait. But while you're waiting, can you tell us how long you held these domains?

•••
All 3 buyers got bargains. I was hoping for higher; however.
Nice sale on farms if you were the NJ buyer last Sept.

•••
Hello everyone,

I seem to be getting the run around from Namescon regarding getting my money from domains sold in the Namescon live auction. Maybe it is me; however it has already been 10 days since they transferred the domains to the buyers accounts. Again I am hearing that they plan to start sending the money next week siting they typically send funds once a month for accounting reasons.

I never had to wait near this long once the domains have been transfered.

Does this seem right?

Thank you for your input.

It's normal, I'm also currently waiting for payment from NamesCon. Payment should occur next week.

Last edited:
•••
It's normal, I'm also currently waiting for payment from NamesCon. Payment should occur next week.

Thank you for letting me know that this normal for them.
Just curious, were your domains sold in the live aution or the extended auction that ended on Feb 9th?

•••
Thank you for letting me know that this normal for them.
Just curious, were your domains sold in the live aution or the extended auction that ended on Feb 9th?
Live auction.

•••
Live auction.

Thank you again for letting me know. It still seems like way too long to wait once they can verify that the domains have been delivered to the buyer.

Oh well. Next week it is.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back