Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I have the domains

cow.gs
cow.ms
cow.tc
cow.vg

Last month overture is over 3 million (why do people search cows?)

What is the best way to utilize these domains? I would appreciate any comments.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cow is the main source of milk and beef :lol:

i doubt thoes will pickup lots of typins... have you tried parking them? any traffic? I guess thoes are just good for SEO use..

•••
Just another example of Overture numbers being WAY off again I'm afraid..

http://www.DigitalPoint/tools/suggestion/?keywords=cow&country=us

4,800 searches pr day according to wordtracker.. 121,666 pr DAY according to Overture.. :lol:

it's just too easy to manipulate Overure, so I don't pay any attention to it anymore...
Wordtracker is much better.

Sorry, those domains aren't worth much IMO..

•••
I have them parked and get about 2 hits a month

•••
Redleg said:

4,800 searches pr day according to wordtracker.. 121,666 pr DAY according to Overture.. :lol:

it's just too easy to manipulate Overure, so I don't pay any attention to it anymore...

Thanks that's a great link. Both at the same time. I just searched another and found more in Wordtracker (dictionary). I guess these discrepancies are due the search engines they track. I have also found that Overture removes plural “s”

•••
Redleg said:

You must haven't read DigitalPoint's explaination:

Why do they differ so greatly? Overture's data is based on more searches, so the values are going to be higher than Wordtracker's in most cases. This does not mean Wordtracker's data is less valuable (keep in mind that they are relative to each other). Also, Wordtracker differentiates between plural and singular forms (which Overture does not).

•••
Oh yes I have....

Most of the time there is a slight difference between Overture and Wordtracker, but sometimes the difference doesn't make any sense at all..
Like in the cow example...

And it is possible to manipulate the Overture results...

•••
Hi,

The domain name is good. The extension is not good...................

I look to Overture to see if there are companies bidding to advertise with my search term (domain that I want to purchase) (i.e. Showcases). I also check Link Popularity to an indicator. All of those numbers in the many millions only reflect how many times the word was used in any context.

If I have a domain name called dog.com and the word dog comes up millions of times in Overture or Google. It could be coming up in the context of dog bark or dog poo for that matter.......................or even some buy or girl is a real dog.....................I don't think it should be a deciding factor to consider domain value.

I would be more interested in word revelvance. The word dog will have more word relevance for commerical purposes than the word cow.

Sometimes a plural is just a good as the singular, and sometimes even better. There are also time when the plural kills the domain.

The same holds true with numbers. Many search engines and experts would have you believe that numbers are not good. I would love to have 123.com.
There are times when a number works better with a particular domain. (i.e. News24.com a rather successful site)

Best of luck to you %%-

Cheers,

Showcase

•••
•••
It's not very easy to manipulate the Overture numbers, but it's possible..

The Sitepronews articles are quite good, and they do actually describe a couple of methods how to manipulate the results.. (if your read between the lines.. :) )

•••
I think it would be a better idea to make use of the extension as part of the marketing effort. Cow.vg for example, can be used as Cow.VirtualGame. That is, a computer game that would, for instance, allows your visitors to choose a baby cow and watch him grow by feeding him food and caring for him. Unleash the creativity!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back