Dynadot

advice What to do about Marketers spamming you to death?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnifeCatcher

Established Member
Impact
I have noticed a huge spike in marketers and scam calls + emails in the past month since I have been very active buying domains.

It's gotten to a point where as I am answering one call, someone else is on hold calling me.

My inbox looks like the inside of a dumpster.

I know that the registrars are selling my information to marketers.

How do you deal with this?? Do you use fake numbers?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The question I have is, do you have domain/Whois privacy on or off for your domains? Sometimes, that makes a world of difference. Having it on can reduce the amount of spam calls and emails you get. Granted, if it has been off for a while, changing it now might not have as strong an impact, initially.

Last edited:
•••
The question I have is, do you have domain/Whois privacy on or off for your domains? Sometimes, that makes a world of difference. Having it on can reduce the amount of spam calls and emails you get. Granted, if it has been off for a while, changing it now might not have as strong an impact, initially.

Yeah I forgot to mention. what puzzles me is that whois privacy ON

•••
•••
They lurked even harder ;/

Are yo telling me that I am the only one with this problem? I thought is a common problem amongst domainers? :xf.frown:

•••

Last edited:
•••
Are yo telling me that I am the only one with this problem? I thought is a common problem amongst domainers? :xf.frown:
I wouldn’t know .. I don’t pick up phone calls lol

•••
  • Good domain names try not to leave personal information Or hide it

•••
  • Good domain names try not to leave personal information Or hide it
Wut? So your personal number is located everywhere ?

•••
i'm getting a lot now with the subject that my domain is not registered

•••
Chinese what is you speak of

•••
My wording goes to both of you

•••
It is actually a bit quieter now than normal. Most of my domains target their industry so they are most interested. I have noticed less bother over xmas holidays early new year with their outbound.

Last edited:
•••
I have noticed a huge spike in marketers and scam calls + emails in the past month since I have been very active buying domains.

It's gotten to a point where as I am answering one call, someone else is on hold calling me.

If you are getting calls your info is public somewhere. Email spam gets sent to anon whois emails and that is normal. Never reply or they get your real email and pass it around.

•••
If you are getting calls your info is public somewhere. Email spam gets sent to anon whois emails and that is normal. Never reply or they get your real email and pass it around.

That is what I suspected but going over my domains, they all have whois privacy on

It is also the default for most registrars to have whois protection on

•••
•••
Eventually i could be their boss if i develop.

Last edited:
•••
I shall not flame you lock

•••
•••
Agree to disagree when I’m here

•••
It is a whole game changer

•••
Agree to disagree when I’m here
Does that mean you will disagree with everything or whether my domains target marketers? Remember still time for button.

•••
•••

Set up a Google Voice account and use that # on your WHOIS info.

•••
I don't mind if they call me. They have family to feed and a job to do.
I just politely put the call on hold with nice music after asking them "Would you mind to hold?"

•••
Back