NameSilo

What things do I look at before buying an expired domain?

Labeled as question in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching, started by Sanjay Sagar, Sep 5, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Sanjay Sagar

Sanjay Sagar Established Member

I am using spamzilla and expireddomains net for finding expired domains and got 2-3 high da domains but don't know whether to buy them or not.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. redemo

redemo Established Member

What is the end use? Sell? Keep? Develop? D.A. is not so important as keyword volume imo. Do you have a pool of end users in mind? Or do you have a project planned?

3. Sanjay Sagar

I mainly do SEO and I was looking for a high DA domain to make an affiliate site.

4. redemo

redemo Established Member

Look for an extension that is commonly used by your target customers so if it's U.S.A. then .com or if it's U.K. then co.uk or if it's Spain then .es you get the picture mate. Keyword volume is far more important than D.A. for S.E.O. but also consider it's use for P.P.C. since S.E.O. isn't a sustainable traffic source imo. Go short as possible one word or two words and choose something that makes sense to someone who is seeing your domain name for the first time. Example bikerholidays.com makes sense to most people because it's probably a website about motorbike vacations where bkhols.com doesn't tick that box. You get me mate?

5. evil

evil Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

DA, TF, MOZ are good metrics; unfortunately they are the ones that many use so the domains are backordered at high prices.
    Alexa is also a good metric but is highly affected by spam so be careful.

6. Sanjay Sagar

Ya, I got it thanks for the explanation. :xf.smile:

7. Hikithe Achumi

Hikithe Achumi Established Member

I'm a blogger and I can easily say that you don't even need a good domain to start a blog or an affiliate site. Any extension will easily rank on the first page of Google if your content is well written and SEO optimized. Remember.... Like Neil Patel said, "Content is King."
    The only thing you need to keep in mind is, Spam score should not be higher than 10%, DA should be high (like 30+), domain must not be banned by Google and you're good to go.
    However, if your plan is to sell the domain, you need to register a good domain with lots of potential buyers.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  8. Start

Start Established Member

One thing to beware of at Godaddy auctions is that the traffic can include "picture hits". Like if an image at somedomain.com was hosted for some other site, and the other site is still operating.

So the traffic number could be high, but it may not be actual traffic to the domain. In that case, instead of pageviews, it's actually just hits of the image.

Anyway, that's how it worked some years ago... I don't know if GoDaddy still shows traffic stats that way, but it was a risk in the past when buying a domain for the traffic.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  9. Sanjay Sagar

Thanks for the info :xf.smile: The reason I am not looking to buy a new domain is it takes 4-5 months to get out of the sandbox. I have 3 sites that rank good in Google but you know creating backlinks is a lot of hassle.

10. Hikithe Achumi

True..
    Also, Google keeps on updating its Algo almost week.

11. Sanjay Sagar

Thanks, buddy this is some new thing I got to know today.(y)

12. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Get a second opinion my names appear on expireddomains great for exposure but i will always check for difference if buying with supplied stats and .... as have seen some have fooled numbers.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  13. ecomslice

ecomslice Top Contributor VIP

I enjoyed your post, may I ask what your view on project24's view are ? ,

also in your response to backlinks, do you feel the same with organic backlinks ? , I am not experienced, these are honest curious questions. But I did research alot, organic backlinks seem near evergreen pending niche.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  14. Hikithe Achumi

Income School's Project24 is one of the best courses available in the market.
    And for the backlinks, you can reach out to bloggers from the same niche and exchange links.
    However, your contents/posts will rank with our without backlinks if it's well written and researched.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice