IT.COM

tips How I Find HQ Aged Domains

NameSilo
Watch

mahmudulalam

Established Member
Impact
  1. I use DomCop for finding domains. In my opinion, it’s better than SpamZilla. A bit more expensive, but they have a larger database, and my experience has been good overall.
  2. Over 100K domains enter auctions daily. You can check DomCop's database stats here: domcopDOTcom/stats
  3. The top 3 auction companies for aged domains are GoDaddy, Namejet, and SnapNames.
  4. GoDaddy has 80%, NameJet & SnapNames have 15%, and the others have 5% of aged domains.
  5. GoDaddy has both public auctions and closeout auctions. The closeout auction happens when a domain doesn’t get sold in public auctions and is available for a cheap price, i.e., $5, aka poor quality domain.
  6. I avoid domains listed by sellers, not GoDaddy. There are mostly, either spammed or outrageously overpriced. To check this, look for the "inventory type," which should be either "Expired Auctions" or "Member Listings."
  7. Most high-quality domains have one of the three TLDs: (.)com, (.)net, or (.)org.
  8. My favorite metrics are:
    1. 18+ DA PA
    2. 3+ TF CF
    3. 10+ DR
    4. 50+ Referring Domains
  9. Sort the domains with high to low TF for shortlisting.
  10. Use expireddomains net to find the auction of any domain.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back