Dynadot

What panel is the best

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brianfast

Account Suspended
Impact
I really have no clue what panel is the best for hosting... Im leaning towards Cpanel though

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
brianfast said:
DirectAdmin is a LOT easier to navigate then Cpanel

I disagree. cPanel, hands down.

•••
I use Plesk and I am fairly happy with it. Most n00bs need cpanel though. However I am going to use webmin for all future servers I build. I am tired of paying for a license when a free open source system is available. Why is webmin not even listed?

http://www.webmin.com/

HUGE support and lots of goodies to use too

•••
•••
Exovian said:
I disagree. cPanel, hands down.
Have you used Direct Admin?

Everything is in catorgoreys. That makes it easier to find stuff.

•••
plesk

I use plesk and im happy with it, its very reliable and has easy client management system to. Eventhough i use modernbill instead of plesk client system. But at first i missed cpanel but there the same cpanel is like windows and pleskis like mac missing 1 or 2 stuff that plesk doesnt have. Otherweis there great. I heard there are less bugs in pleesk then cpanel to. I also think plesk is more reliable?

What do you think?

•••
I must say H-Sphere is truly a great control panel

•••
asmarterhost said:
I use plesk and im happy with it, its very reliable and has easy client management system to. Eventhough i use modernbill instead of plesk client system. But at first i missed cpanel but there the same cpanel is like windows and pleskis like mac missing 1 or 2 stuff that plesk doesnt have. Otherweis there great. I heard there are less bugs in pleesk then cpanel to. I also think plesk is more reliable?

What do you think?

Yeah cPanel does have some bugs but they do get them fixed quickly. I would have to say the best is cPanel but I have not really used anything else.

•••
I love plesk though i got few chances to use it

•••
Plesk

Plesk just added more features and i think they just got better then cpanel. Its 38 new features I purchased them all for my clients, hope they like it. Here it is:

-Application Pack w/ Mambo CMS
The Plesk Application Pack is a completely customizable repository of Site Applications.The Plesk 7.5 Reloaded Application Pack comes standard with a extended group of applications including a Mambo CMS tool for creating and deploying dynamic web content. Currently included with this add-on is post-Nuke (CMS), osCommerce Ecommerce software, phpBB (bulletin board), gallery (picture gallery), phpBook (guestbook), bbClone (counter), gtChat (chat engine), AdvancedPoll (Poll system), AutoIndex (File statistics and file manager), b2evolution (Blog), Coppermine (Photo gallery), CSLH (Customer support), DocFAQ (FAQ system), openbiblio (Library ), Owl (Knowledge base), phpAds (Banner system), phpBugTracker (PHP clone of Bugzilla), phpDig (Search engine), phpMoney (Account management), phpMyFamily (Genealogic tree), phpsurveyor (Surveys creation tool), phpWiki (Documentation management), pLog (Blog), Tellme (Network tools (whois, traceroute etc.)), TUTOS (Work process organization), typo (CMS), UebiMiau (Webmail), WebCalendar (Calendar), WebShopmanager (Online store creator), WordPress (Publishing platform (blog)), xrms (CRM).

-SpamAssassin Anti-SPAM Software
Plesk 7.5 Reloaded includes an option to install the "SpamAssassin" Anti-Spam Software in the base installation with a built-in configuration interface for SPAM rules server wide or on a per mailbox basis.

-Multi-Level Help Desk

The new Plesk 7.5 Reloaded interface includes a Multi-Level Help Desk. This system is designed to communicate, track, monitor and manage support issues for you at every level of the system. This will provide you with imediate and on demand support 24/7.

-Tomcat Support
Tomcat is the Servlet container that provides the environment for executing Java Servlets. The Plesk 7.5 Reloaded Tomcat add-on supports deploying and managing Tomcat web applications allowing users to set up hosting with JSP support.

-ColdFusion Support
Using this add-on module, Admins can configure ColdFusion paths and enable/disable ColdFusion support in the Hosting setup.

-PostgreSQL™ and PhpPGMyAdmin™ Support
With one of the world's most advanced relational database management systems, Plesk 7.5 Reloaded enables users to deploy and manage PostgreSQL databases right from the user interface with a few clicks. When you purchase the Plesk PostgreSQL add-on, it includes the web-based database administration software PhpPGMyAdmin giving users remote access to their PostgreSQL databases.

•••
cPanel for newbies like me.

•••
I like cPanel the most and its the most popular.

•••
I prefer cpanel all the way so easy to use :blink:

•••
cPanel is and always will be my first choice :)

•••
•••
•••
I prefer cpanel. I'm using it since years.

•••
I prefer to DirectAdmin, they're awesome, easy, and load faster :) :lala:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back